Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Warrentless wiretapping FOREVERRRRRRRRR

Bush Confirms He Will Seek More Dictatorial Power
While Constitutional experts and even sectors of the corporate mainstream media have denounced the latest power grab by the Bush administration as "unnecessary and highly dangerous", the President himself has confirmed that he will seek even more authority from Congress and will attempt to pass more legislation aimed at granting the government unquestionable power over the people.

Legislation signed Sunday gives the government the green light to install permanent backdoors in communications systems that allow warrantless wiretapping of American citizens, a blatant violation of the 4th amendment.

The administration has a 6 month window in which to impose any surveillance program it chooses and that program will go unchallenged and <font color="red">remain legally binding in perpetuity - it cannot be revoked</font>.

[..]

The bill was passed on Friday after the president jawboned Congress, saying lawmakers could not leave for their August recess at the weekend unless they "pass a bill that will give our intelligence community the tools they need to protect the United States."
http://infowars.net/articles/august2007/070807Power.htm

As the popular left leaning blog Think Progress has pointed out, even the corporate controlled mainstream media has editorialized against the FISA legislation, with the New York Times today calling it an “unnecessary and dangerous expansion of President Bush’s powers.”:
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/08/07/fisa-editorials/

Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Warrentless wiretapping FOREVERRRRRRRRR

[ QUOTE ]

The administration has a 6 month window in which to impose any surveillance program it chooses and that program will go unchallenged and <font color="red">remain legally binding in perpetuity - it cannot be revoked</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see how this is possible.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:04 PM

wow, this [censored] is scary. I'm voting against anyone in Congress who voted in favor of this.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:11 PM

Bob Casey of PA voted for it. BASTARD
Old 08-08-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see how this is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, its just as possible as Bush telling Congress they couldnt go on recess and them listening. Is there anything in the claims of the OP that is an objective analysis of the law, or is it just more Nielsio's ranting?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 PM

I thought I'd throw some more UT pictures in for good measure:

Watch out for Dictator Matthew McConaughey
Old 08-08-2007, 02:08 PM

There is a lot of evidence that the wiretaps have averted terrorist attacks... which is to say, saved lives... while only sacrafising a small amount of liberty.

It is all but confirmed that the wiretaps caught the guy who wanted to take down the Brooklyn Bridge (they couldnt use the taps in court becuase they didn't want to compromise the program; something the New York Times did later for political reasons). It is also highly suspected that this program caught potential attackers of Los Angeles and the Sears Tower in Chicago, among many others.

I would rather have adverted those terrorist attacks than loose a tiny amount of liberty (the only people who loose liberty are people who make an international call to a suspected number in Afghanistan or Iraq AND use a keywork such as "bomb" or "attack". I guarentee you less than .01% of the American public has "lost liberty" over this wiretapping, and most unwittingly unless they were planning on attacking the United States.

To me, all opposition to this program is political. I think opponents of the wire tapping are playing the "facist state" and "1984" card, when in fact this program makes a lot of sense, and anybody who opposes it appears to be putting politics ahead of national securty. Thank goodness our current president has and continues to put national security ahead of politics.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, this [censored] is scary. I'm voting against anyone in Congress who voted in favor of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your allowed to think for yourself and make your vote worth something.

Or you can yell which when everybody else is.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like the Bushs are also on congress with the beast!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're allowed to think for yourself and make your vote worth something.

Or you can yell witch when everybody else does.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP