Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 10:46 PM

Default 50NL AQo Facing Maniac and TWOPAIR

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG+1 ($61.05)
MP1 ($41.90)
Hero ($59.40)
CO ($9)
Button ($50.20)
SB ($164.50)
BB ($85.30)
UTG ($33.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $5.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($12) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

Turn: ($26) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $19</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $151.75 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?

Villian is running 20/15/10 over a very big range
Old 08-08-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Re: 50NL AQo Facing Maniac and TWOPAIR

There's relatively few combos of flush draws he can have given the A and Q are gone, so I'm more inclined to put him on AxKd or KxKd and call.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM

I hate this because of all the times I've seen people do this with made hands hoping you'll think they have AxKd or KxKd. However, they do this with those hands, too.

What do you think villain puts you on? It's hard to believe villain can't beat two pair, but he could easily be drawing.

Hope others offer input. I'd probably fold, but I'm probably wrong [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 AM

You are getting 3.25:1 on your money here. That means you only have to be good here 24% of the time for this call to be profitable.

Call.

And next time, don't bet the turn unless you are planning on getting all the chips in the middle.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:18 AM

Any reason that SB would be 3 betting you light from the SB?
I think the preflop call is a bit marginal, but you have position on him so I guess it isn't that bad, but against certain opponents you will be dominated very often either by AK, AA, or KK. Any reads on this guy?

On the flop, he bets somewhat weakly indicating either a CB or maybe a moster he wants to entice you to raise with. Then again it could be KK or QQ. It probably isn't AK though, but of course you can't rule out completly. This is a pretty good flop for us, so shouldn't we raise here?? I guess without knowing too much about the opponent it's hard to say. If he is very aggro, then maybe giving some rope is better so the flatcall become more attractive.

On the turn, wow, tricky. I'm not all that worried about a made flush. A PP with a diamond is likely or we could be crushed by a set. Seems like we will need pokerstove to figure this one out.

I think this whole hand is very opponent dependant. If we have no reads, I think I lead towards folding this.

Edit: Whoops tricked by the huge all-in number again! With those odds I think calling is good.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 AM

Call.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Id prefer a raise on the flop. If the guy is a maniac and as such will get it in very light i would prepare to stack off and expect to be good 75% of the time - if he is simply a solid lag who appears to be a maniac (as those numbers kind of indicate) then if he 3 bets the flop id fold.

As played you have to put it in on the turn - your hand is massively under-represented. He might have something like KdJd if he is a true maniac, or he might even have QQ which makes sense - but the point is your hand is too good and way too underrepresented to fold at these stakes.

Fwiw, he probably has something very strong, like AxKd because his line shows he isnt worried about you having the flush at all. If you had repoped him on the flop and he did the same thing on the turn you can fold, but like i say his range as presented is too wide to fold.

If he has it, he has it. Its only 1 buy in.
Edit:You will have outs if behind here like 99.9% of the time too, so its not all lost at all.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:12 PM

I didn't pay attention to what hero had behind. Oops. Sorry, need to pay more attention -- thought hero had much more. I'd probably call given the odds, but I still think villain could be ahead.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:05 PM

This is an easy call for you because of your stack. If I had a stack his size and he overbet like that, id probably drop it. GH, no diamond and you win.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Gotta call here.