Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 07:53 AM

Default 100nlcash TPGK on paired board

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $233.10
SB: $109.45

Reads: <font color="blue">played villain earlier today while on F game. dropped 200-350 not sure exactly how much. i was paying off every river if i saw a turn. during that session i never saw him bluff a river (i dont think he has been this session either)

we were playing 2 tables about 6 hands ago on the other table he checked behind a flop as pfr with trips and came alive on the river (played basically identically)

I havn't seen an obscene amount of bluffs.

he is on tilt? (i have been running v hot and he has been misplaying hands)</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $3.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

Flop: ($6) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($6) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, SB calls $5.00

River: ($16) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $23.00</font>, Hero ...

$14 into $48

[/ QUOTE ]

this is quoted from lc thread where it didnt get any responses. is a fold terrible?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: 100nlcash TPGK on paired board

on other hand was he rolled up (trips) or did he have three of a kind with a pair on board?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:17 AM

I'd probably 3-bet PF.

If he's a bad player, and he's playing this exactly the same way as the time he did it with trips, I'm inclined to think he has it again. It's such a weird line, it's very likely to be his "extraction with trips (TM)" line. That said, he could also be "trapping" with an ace, potentially one weaker than yours.

I should probably fold, but in the hand I likely pay him off thinking he does this with a weaker ace more than one time in 3.5
Old 08-07-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on other hand was he rolled up (trips) or did he have three of a kind with a pair on board?

[/ QUOTE ]

paired board the hand was almost identical

as far as three betting, you may be right but ... i prefer to do it with AQ+ or a garbage hand. i think i value stack myself too much with A9-AJ if i 3b and run into aggression on any Axx or Jxx board. I had been doing this earlier today a lot and wanted to try flat calling for a while to switch things up for myself. (I had been 3b him a lot in the match as well, so i wanted to try to keep to easy to play hands after 3 betting)
Old 08-07-2007, 02:16 PM

Was he calling 3bets with a wide range? If he was it seems like you'd be missing out on value by not 3betting AJ there.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:41 PM

yes but he was hyper aggro on flops/turns and it was making it hard to play against unless i flop something useful

i thought it better to wait and let him hang himself rather than get into tricky situations and have him outplay me. i how the game was going a 3b here is marginal

edit, let's say i 3b to 11... my flop c-bet it 16, he makes it 40. i???

let's say he flat calls flop. turn i bet he pushes. if i check turn, he fires or checks behind and pushes river.

he's all those combinations and when we've been to showdown it was with fairly strong hands. i don't think pushing AJ high is right in any case vs him and how he's been playing. a 3b/c-bet/fold isn't right vs him and he wouldn't continue after the flop to bluff. therefore i think i have to stack him with fairly hidden hands (suited gappers/etc) or strong hands (AK, mid-high pairs). I dont think AJ works well in this situation.

That is definetly not to say that i wasn't 3b aj earlier in the match and 3b is my norm vs 75% of opponents. but i was in the midst of switching 3b gears based on his adjustments in the past 25 hands
Old 08-07-2007, 11:55 PM

your hand looks like what it is, and he's still willing to get money in the pot. seems like a fold
Old 08-08-2007, 03:52 AM

Look him up. Great odds, decent hand.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your hand looks like what it is, and he's still willing to get money in the pot. seems like a fold

[/ QUOTE ]

based on this, my image from an earlier session (pays off any rivers), and the play he made on this same board a few hands ago i folded. the pot odds were v good but i think it was the right fold? it was a tough spot
Old 08-08-2007, 12:58 PM

just call