Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: 2 Hands from The Borgata

was this 40-80 6 handed at the borg?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: 2 Hands from The Borgata

yeah tyler, sorry I didn't emphasize that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 05:31 AM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for the responses...

For Hand #1, I felt that in this game, if I bet the turn, I would be check raised the majority of the time, and that I would have a tough decision UI on the river... basically that there was little to no fold equity between two players. Since these are the types of players to value bet any pair into me on the river when I check behind the turn, I actually did quickly bet in stride, potentially trying to get AQ and AK to fold ... BB took prob close to a minute, and ultimately decided to fold. CO also took awhile as well, and finally ended up calling with AK os (no hearts). Results oriented-- if I bet the turn, CO has to fold. BB later said he had the Ace of hearts that hand.

For Hand #2, it was still in the early session and I didn't realize this game was hyper-aggro at the time... so folded pretty quickly when faced with 2 cold on the flop. As for the rest of the hand, BB calls the flop 3-bet. Turn bricks, and BB check/calls. River bricks again and it goes check check. UTG says "I have a 9" and rolls Q9s and BB shows pocket tens FTW...
Old 08-08-2007, 06:20 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the responses...

For Hand #1, I felt that in this game, if I bet the turn, I would be check raised the majority of the time, and that I would have a tough decision UI on the river... basically that there was little to no fold equity between two players. Since these are the types of players to value bet any pair into me on the river when I check behind the turn, I actually did quickly bet in stride, potentially trying to get AQ and AK to fold ... BB took prob close to a minute, and ultimately decided to fold. CO also took awhile as well, and finally ended up calling with AK os (no hearts). Results oriented-- if I bet the turn, CO has to fold. BB later said he had the Ace of hearts that hand.

For Hand #2, it was still in the early session and I didn't realize this game was hyper-aggro at the time... so folded pretty quickly when faced with 2 cold on the flop. As for the rest of the hand, BB calls the flop 3-bet. Turn bricks, and BB check/calls. River bricks again and it goes check check. UTG says "I have a 9" and rolls Q9s and BB shows pocket tens FTW...

[/ QUOTE ]

One of those players must have been jkamowitz.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:54 AM

Why don't you cut the crap oneinchal and admit that deep down (and I may need an industrial drill to get to wherever your heart resides) you have a major high school crush for me.

So either fess up and we can finally be together or stop giving my secrets away.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you cut the crap oneinchal and admit that deep down (and I may need an industrial drill to get to wherever your heart resides) you have a major high school crush for me.

So either fess up and we can finally be together or stop giving my secrets away.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true about the crush J. Just promise not to drill me too deep with the industrial or Kamowitz drill.

That's pretty funny writing about ONEinchal. How did you know I was bluffing about the nine? I can't believe you gave away my secret. The next thing I know you will be telling people I never went to Harvard.

nineinch