Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 01:14 AM

Default busting in a cash game

if u go bust in a cash game from a pretty terribloe beat....do u leave the table and go to another so u dont tilt against the guy or do u just rebuy and continue playing
Old 08-08-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: busting in a cash game

if it was a bad play from my opponent and i'm not on tilt, i will just rebuy since i have a terrible player on my table so it's +ev. If you're tilting just quit and play later. A few days ago, a bad but not terrible player took 2 buys in from me, 2 hands in a raw. I was not tilting but i decided to quit because when you're losing, people think you're tilting and will play back at you with little hands or air. Basically, when the table sees you as a losing player, they won't respect you and pay you off lightly. And waiting for hands to get paid off can be very frustating and long. So in those conditions, i'd better quit even if i'm not tilting... it's just that my image is ruined.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 AM

Bad beats will happen. That is something you must accept in poker. As you play more and more, you will get used to the bad beats and they will effect you less because your more confident in your poker skills. One thing that helps is having a good understanding of the statistics of the hands. When you lost your AA against Ak pre-flop .... sometimes it makes you feel good knowing how far you were ahead and you hope you get all-in with AA against AK again.

If it does not effect your play..... rebuy in. If you feel your not playing your best or this table is too difficult to play.... take a breather and find another table. If some idiot went all in with 2 outs and hit it, this should encourage you to rebuy and hope you catch the fish before others do.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if u go bust in a cash game from a pretty terribloe beat....do u leave the table and go to another so u dont tilt against the guy or do u just rebuy and continue playing

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have an appropriately deep bankroll, then I just rebuy and don't sweat it much.

But I play live more than on-line. And live, I tend to push the limits of my BR a little. So, while on-line I might have 20+ buy-ins in my BR and rebuy without a thought, live I might have more like a 7 or 8 buy-in BR. In that case, I tend to get a little more tilt-prone on a particularly bad beat so I just call it a day and go home.

In all honesty, it'd be better if I just played with a deeper bankroll by either lowering the stakes or saving more money for gambling.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:04 AM

The only consideration for staying in a game should be if you still have an edge to push. If you're better, more alert, more sober, whatever than you're opponents, then rebuy and keep going.

If you are inclined to tilt, then your edge is compromised and you should probably do something else for a while.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:12 PM

Personally, if it's truly a bad beat and I played the hand well, I don't think twice about it; I make a note on him, rebuy, and go on. However, if I played a hand badly and got stacked, a lot of the time I'll get pissed off and have to take a break for 1/2 hour (or the day, depending). Know yourself and your state of mind, and regardless, never ever play when you're mad / tilted.