Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (8/7) ($3,000 NL)

I was laughing so hard at the end of that AA vs AA vs KK hand when Shak was pissed because she thought she had just chopped it with Phil. It sure looked like she forgot that she had Phil well covered and got the best of the hand.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:35 AM

ya she apparently telegraphed it pretty bad, i dont think they edited it, but im only going from what ive heard.. i think stacks were like 160, 500, 505.. i remember i have 424k if i fold, 680k if i beat beth and lose to phil, 1.24 million or somewhere around there if i scoop..

dunno why i didnt pay attention to her, my initial thought when she went all in was "yes!" when phil shoved it was "he has aces" i usually stick with my initial read and didnt bother to double check it v her.. sometimes kings come out too
Old 08-08-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there was ever one time in the history of tournament poker you could get away from KK it was there.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL -- no kidding!!!

Chick moves in with aces and Phil INSTACALLS then starts bragging to wife and everyone who is in ear shot about how quickly he INSTACALLED.

What is Phil calling there with? It is probably ONLY AA. Other players it might be JJ+ and AK, but for Phil it is going to be Aces every time. Even QQ or KK he would have thought for a while, made a speech, etc., etc. JJ he probably would have just folded.

Then the chick is dancing around and mouthing to her husband in the audience "I got it", etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi bud, i was actually pretty sure phil had aces, but he had no chips. i didnt pay attention to beth at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always hard to tell from TV coverage since we know how they edit things but it did look from at least one wide shot from behind Shak that she was celebrating before you called. I know that you must have been zoned into the hand and maybe it was hard to think clearly. Are you saying that you didn't even look at Shak the entire time you were thinking of calling?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya she apparently telegraphed it pretty bad, i dont think they edited it, but im only going from what ive heard.. i think stacks were like 160, 500, 505.. i remember i have 424k if i fold, 680k if i beat beth and lose to phil, 1.24 million or somewhere around there if i scoop..

dunno why i didnt pay attention to her, my initial thought when she went all in was "yes!" when phil shoved it was "he has aces" i usually stick with my initial read and didnt bother to double check it v her.. sometimes kings come out too

[/ QUOTE ]

How long did you think about it after Phil shoved? The way it was edited, it looked like he shoved and stood up, Beth stood up, they high-fived and she started dancing, and then you called. Obviously, they cut a big part of it out, as it would have taken you a few seconds to do the math. I'm just wondering if they were both standing up as you were doing the math. I can understand you not noticing her dancing, but if you didn't snap-call, it seems like you would have seen her stand up.

Either way, I think we're all judging the hand incorrectly since we're looking at the edited version. If she wasn't dancing around and high-fiving Phil before you called (or if you didn't see it), it actually seems like a really easy call.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:54 AM

Phil is annoying bitching about players reraising his J-2 UTG raise with 10 BBs

Maybe I"m in the minority, and I know it's an act, but still it's pretty lame
Old 08-08-2007, 01:04 AM

I thought it was pathetic how Phil H. would literally run to Ivey for approval after nearly every pot. The man's self-esteem is just so low.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:36 AM

If you put Phil on Aces how can you put Shak on Aces as well? Impossible read, isn't it?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that was a circus. How does he call with KK there when people are literally dancing around the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

No S.hit, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger tell
Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that was a circus. How does he call with KK there when people are literally dancing around the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sort of retracting that...I think we were a bit duped by the editing.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sort of retracting that...I think we were a bit duped by the editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point