Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 06:03 PM

Default lol pf (last night\'s HORSEament)

It's still the first round, so we all have decent stacks. Starting with UTG, the table is Zeldark, myself, Bona, MrWookie, bravos1, AaronW, and 2 randoms, in that order. I don't remember having any kind of read on the current big blind. The small blind was involved in this previous hand:

Preflop: Wookie folds, bravos raises, folded to villain who calls, folded to hero who calls.

Flop (7SB): Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (brick) - bravos bets and we both call

Turn (5BB): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - all check

River (5BB): (brick) - hero bets, bravos folds, villain calls with 99

So anyway, on to the hand in question...hero is UTG1 with KQo. Zeldark limps UTG and I overlimp.

[ QUOTE ]
(3:12:54 PM) ItsNotXhad: eh, it was supposed to be about pf in the second hand
(3:13:12 PM) ItsNotXhad: at least I thought it would be received as unusual. maybe not
(3:14:01 PM) BigBadBabar: go edit it
(3:14:07 PM) ItsNotXhad: I posted a reply
(3:14:15 PM) BigBadBabar: post what you want us to do
(3:14:16 PM) BigBadBabar: lol
(3:14:50 PM) ItsNotXhad: I'm just asking what the forum thinks about the overlimp
(3:15:00 PM) BigBadBabar: post that then

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: lol pf (last night\'s HORSEament)

i can't say that i have any idea what this is about
Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 PM

is this like one of those weird riddles that we have to decipher to discern the true meaning?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this like one of those weird riddles that we have to decipher to discern the true meaning?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a post asking about an (I thought) unusual pf decision with a previous hand posted to give what reads I have.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:17 PM

ok so someone limps utg, we have kq next to act? i isoraise here, although it might be a tarp, ldo
Old 08-07-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a post asking about an (I thought) unusual pf decision with a previous hand posted to give what reads I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably just raise. If it gets raised behind you, you're really in a bad spot "almost like cold-calling OOP". What were your trying to accomplish w/ the over limp? You really don't want 3 more limpers behind and getting raised, as mentioned earlier, is not so hot either.

What range do you put on zelda? Basically pocket pairs or a fancy played KK/AA cuz he knows the table is uber aggro?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:51 PM

yeah I raise. No offense to Zeldark, but I am not sure how much he is into the TAG game where you can't really limp 66 or JTs UTG. This is just how I would play it, given what I know. I guess you are getting at the fact that we get cold-called by that fish guy, and everyone else will be cold-calling, right? So no, I think we miss value here because the 2p2ers are still going to be folding the A7 and 44. If I thought it was a tarp I'd fold, but I don't think that.

Buzz
Old 08-07-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So anyway, on to the hand in question...hero is UTG1 with KQo. Zeldark limps UTG and I overlimp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely raise it. I'm definitely not folding and overlimping doesn't accomplish anything (if it's a trap, how does limping help you avoid it? It's not like you're ever folding on a Kxx flop).
Old 08-07-2007, 08:20 PM

Oh good, I was hoping this hand would be discussed.
<ul type="square">[*]Bravos guesses well.[*]I'm (currently) willing to loose a little extra PF in the first (cheap) rounds on a hand that'll be relatively easy to play post flop.[*]If some one raised and it became HU, my hand is strongest.[*]It almost worked.[*]I'd raise the KQo.[/list]This tournament was interesting because I haven't had this little confidence in my game in a long time. I was putting a lot of extra thought into some decisions where I might otherwise just have a habitual regurgitated reaction. I was worried my extra careful game would be exploited, but of course, there is no way of knowing which extra careful thought processes are going through my brain to exploit them. If that makes any sense. Just a little side FYI metagame banter/discussion.