Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i know. I just get so frustrated that someone can level these accusations and dodge the important questions. Tom has not directly provided any evidence that he supposedly has. How hard is it to scan the said affidavits and host the images somewhere. Instead what we get is, wed' it's coming, then friday. Speculating is fine, but i WANT evidence not hot air. I think we all deserve that. Have we found out about matching IP's yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's email and telephone number are on his website. You're more than free to contact him directly (as I did) if you have questions. I don't think he owes an answer to every single person who posts a question here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i think he does. He has put himself out there with outlandish accusations and not produced proof. I will not call him, or email him. HE CHOSE TO POST THIS IN A PUBLIC FORUM. This thread is full of speculation, all i want is the facts and evidence to support his claims so we can all judge both parties FOR OURSELVES. All we seem to be getting is, yeah it's coming, it's coming. You may be happy with that, but i am not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he should answer every question that get's put on here? Yes, it's a public forum, but that doesn't mean he has to, or has the time to, pay attention to everything that is said. Just wait for the information to come and stop being such a meat head.

Breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Meathead", thank you for your intelligent input. Anything else to add Mr. Intelligent?

As long as Tom chooses to use this forum for his personal vendetta, then Yes, i expect him to answer questions.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:17 PM

Did anyone read Jennifer Tilly's article in the August Bluff magazine (just received it), pg. 44.

"We run into some old backgammon friends of Phil's..."

After reading this thread, I just had to laugh.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can't just walk up to a known drug spot in Harlem or The L.E.S. with a kanpsack full of dope and ask the gun toting Dominican drug dealer if he wants some good dope cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do you suppose sells to all those nice middle class white junkies working in the media, on Wall Street, or who gamble for a living? The people who are too scared to take the subway up to Harlem or the Lower East Side?

Yup, that's right. Other nice middle class white kids. Anyone who has had any access to these circles would have no trouble moving that good Thai stuff. And because of the lack of competition in such circles, these people tend to pay premium prices, making it an even more lucrative deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

White middle class kids don't peddle dope. Sure, they sell pills and chronic and blow but dope is not a game that any middle class kid is gonna get involved in. Just like middle class white kids didn't sell crack, it aint their game. White crackheads copped in the ghetto just like their black/hispanic counterparts. It's not something that you just know how to do, you have to be able to cut it and opackage it properly so you don't kill all your clients, prices change on a weekly basis due to supply/demand there are dozens of reasons why it pretty unlikely. And there are not too many white collar dope fiends, being a junkie is a full time job. people don't use heroin recreationally like pot or coke. There are plenty of brokers who like to party, they do alot of blow, eat tons of painkillers, smoke exotic expensive weed but doing dope is no party, its a way of life. Your average Joe would have no idea where to get heroin but probably anyone you know can get weed or blow, think about that. Laak just wouldn't have the connections in that world so it just makes the story less believable.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are some pretty baseless accusations. Maybe where you grew up heroin and crack were not prevalent but I grew up in a county in southern Maine that spanned lower to upper middle class with ~90% of the population being comprised of Caucasians. And I can tell you there is definitely a market for heroin. I know many people who do it and could get a cheap sack of black tar easier at least a few years ago than I can get blow. And I know it would still be ridiculously easy to locate. Also LOLOL to your statement about it being hard to cook crack. Besides the fact that it’s ridiculously easy any middle class white kid with a computer could figure it out pretty damn quick. The only thing is from what I've seen everyone I know that does this just freebases blow instead. Either way you are pretty ridiculous to think that any drugs and drug trade are limited to any race, or social class.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i know. I just get so frustrated that someone can level these accusations and dodge the important questions. Tom has not directly provided any evidence that he supposedly has. How hard is it to scan the said affidavits and host the images somewhere. Instead what we get is, wed' it's coming, then friday. Speculating is fine, but i WANT evidence not hot air. I think we all deserve that. Have we found out about matching IP's yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's email and telephone number are on his website. You're more than free to contact him directly (as I did) if you have questions. I don't think he owes an answer to every single person who posts a question here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i think he does. He has put himself out there with outlandish accusations and not produced proof. I will not call him, or email him. HE CHOSE TO POST THIS IN A PUBLIC FORUM. This thread is full of speculation, all i want is the facts and evidence to support his claims so we can all judge both parties FOR OURSELVES. All we seem to be getting is, yeah it's coming, it's coming. You may be happy with that, but i am not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he should answer every question that get's put on here? Yes, it's a public forum, but that doesn't mean he has to, or has the time to, pay attention to everything that is said. Just wait for the information to come and stop being such a meat head.

Breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Meathead", thank you for your intelligent input. Anything else to add Mr. Intelligent?

As long as Tom chooses to use this forum for his personal vendetta, then Yes, i expect him to answer questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm he actually has a website for his personal vendetta. Someone else started this thread and he popped in to provide input and part of his side of the case. He obviously has trouble speaking english and is trying to get his entire story on paper as clear and concise as he can so minute details cant be picked out to "prove" it false. I suggest you stop clicking the reload page button every 5 minutes all day everyday, go smoke a bowl and chill the [censored] out. He owes you nothing.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Reading these threads constantly amaze me. I grew up in a very wealthy area. In my mid to late teens I had friends that were copping heroin at a house 3 blocks away, 2 died of overdoses 1 has been deported and 1 is still in jail for carjacking and this was after her stint as a street hooker and for hire dominatrix.

At the age of 31 I now I live in a pretty nice area as well and have multiple friends who snort or occasionally shoot Junk...sold by a pretty well known business man in the area.

The people I know function moderately well have families and get by. While I am sure that at some point they will not...it's inevitable.

It is absolutely moronic to think that white people who are not rockers don't do or sell heroin. Keep believing that and one day you will wonder what happened to your kids
Old 08-07-2007, 06:07 PM

East Coast is to heroin as West Coast is to meth.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:49 PM

I live in NYC. I ran in the streets for years. This isn't Maine, New Hampshire or Washington. This is NYC. I'm clean & sober for alot of years but I have been around the block for awhile. I'm telling you that Phil Laak didn't have the connections to sell dope here. The story is nonsense. What you guys did in the country has nothing to do with NY, this is a different place. Different people, different rules.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:25 PM

lol at the 2+2 fanboys....omgz it's phil laak, he couldn't have possibly done this...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are very few successful regular-working-hours people in the world who mainline junk on a regular basis. Sure, there are geniuses in music, acting, art, etc. who pull it off. But a job where you have to get up early every morning and perform for long hours consistently over years ? Not a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

See William Stewart Halstead

(Though I agree that such people are the exception, rather than the rule.)
Old 08-07-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in NYC. I ran in the streets for years. This isn't Maine, New Hampshire or Washington. This is NYC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know people who lived in Manhattan, attended Ivy League Schools and were involved in the importation and distribution of heroin.

I personally know more than one circle of such people -- and I'm English and don't even live there.