Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: A3s - 6 handed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop. At a loose table there's more Ace chasing and your second card is no good. You're also not closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller's Classic

[/ QUOTE ]
Not exactly a big pot though, is it Remy?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:35 PM

"WHEN THE POT IS BIG DO NOT FOLD DECENT HANDS FOR ONE BET! Just stop doing it.

The time to save bets is when the pot is small. Make your prudent folds in the four-ways for one bet pots."

Question is: Is pot enought big to protect my hand and raise or pot is just to small to fight and better is fold."
- Ed -

7SB is big enought or to small ?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop. At a loose table there's more Ace chasing and your second card is no good. You're also not closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed Miller's Classic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. Ed's post doesn't apply here in its entirety, but this is very applicable:

I have a secret. I know why most of you aren't crushing these Microlimit games. It isn't because you guys aren't smart, because you are. It isn't because you don't put the effort in to study, because you do. It isn't because your opponents play well, because they don't.

It's because you fold too damn much.

I love this quote [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM

Overlimping after two limpers with a suited ace is good, especially with 3-4 players left to act behind. In fact, overlimping with a wide range of speculative hands is going to be correct unless there's some LAG behind you who is likely going to raise.

The rest is played okay, but a turn fold isn't bad *IF YOU HAD A READ THAT VILLAIN IS NOT TOO AGGRESSIVE* (these stats suggest that it's pretty close). In that case, at best you're chopping a 6 BB pot (ie, you'll get 3 BB), but it's going to cost you 2 BB to get it.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM

I guess this is called a grunch(??):

Pre-Flop:

I might be too tight at times, but I would not always call this pre-flop. You say the table is loose, but this is not a hand that I want to play in a raised pot. Unless I was pretty sure that those behind me wouldn't raise, I would fold.

Flop:

If the table is loose, I think that at best the raise would only fold hands that are worse than yours. The only A that you are ahead of is A2 (which will lead to a split pot with you anyway). Any big A's would have raised preflop, and most of the middle A's have a better kicker, have 2 pair, or have backdoor straight draws. The flop better plays so many hands he could have almost anything. All in all, I would prefer to keep as many people in the pot as possible and hope for a diamond or a 3 on the turn.

Turn:

Only 2 people in. Turn did not help you (actually it hurt you), and it may have helped him. You might be ahead still, but your possible outs A's and 3's will probably cost you money. Unless you have seen him spew money on middle or bottom pair, it is time to fold.

River:

Time to fold. All you have is top pair and no kicker. I have called down the table donkey that bets all the way with middle pair, but I would have had to have seen him do it more than once to feel comfortabel doing it.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 PM

With top pair on the flop, 3 outs to 2 pair and a BDFD, I think you are certainly at least calling a bet on the flop. Raising is better than calling, though, because it protects your hand.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:24 PM

As soon as I saw this topic, I thuoght it.

Then I opened the thread, read the hand and I was waiting for it.

Then I read this: "Fold the flop"

Then I read "we have top freakin pair" (love that quote [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) and I knew it was coming.

Then it was here.
Anyway...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seven bets is big enough for me to want to protect my hand. It is (nearly) big enough for many, many hands to call correctly for one bet, but not two. There are a million (yep, a million) gut-shots on that flop, along with millions (no exageration) of pair hands to call for two-pair.

Oh and I know you lost to 76, but I think you played it fine.

[ QUOTE ]

The rest is played okay, but a turn fold isn't bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting... I think you might be right. It's hard to find a hand that plays this way that we beat or have outs against. 76 obviously, but other than those 9 combos, it is pretty grim. I think A7 is a real posibility here in which case we obviously have to fold.

I seem to be able to find many more hands we are behind (without the odds to call) than hands we are infront of or drawing correctly against.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:27 PM

This hand would be so much easier if villan would just show you his cards on the turn.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:28 PM

Normally, I fold the turn, but...

I think against this guy I play it like you.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:30 PM

Aaron, against:
v: 54/7/1.24 - 420 hands

you don't think the turn donk is ever a T or even JJ? Perhaps a T that has picked up a flush or straight draw.