Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 AM

Default 20/40 commerce hand...

I have one previous relevant hand with villian where he he opened to 150 OTB, 3 bet to 550 with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], fired 700 on a k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flop and another 1800 on a 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn, and then folded when he raised me an additional $3,000. Since then there was one additional hand of interest not involving him where i popped a few limpers with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and bet 3 bet the flop all in on 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] after one guy raised and another cold called. (my effective shove was 10k or so more, i folded out two pair and higher flush/straight draw somehow) Since then i have been very snug/carddead preflop. I would say my image here is aggressive but slightly tighter or about average in reagrds to how many pots i am playing and how much i am splahing around. I would say my read on villian at this point is that he is a bit more aggressive than average, does not like to fold (not to a retarded extent, just more showdown minded than average) and is pretty loose preflop. So onto the hand...

Some dude opens in the CO to 140, he calls in the SB, i call in the BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I start this hand with like 15k and he probably has a similar amount. Flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something to the extent. (it's rainbow, i dont have backdoor spades) He checks, i check, PFR checks. Turn is the 3d, putting two diamonds on board. Villian bets 300, i raise to 850, PFR folds, villian calls. River is an offsuit brick, something like an 6o and villian leads for 1600. I would like thought on

a.) The turn raise and sizing (in retrospect i would have made it like 1000-1100, i don't know why i made such a small raise at the time)
b.) Whether or not i should call the river
c.) The merits of raising this river as a bluff.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: 20/40 commerce hand...

a) yah, make it more
b) looks a lot like a KJ type hand betting for value after making sure the main draws didn't hit. Also, "something like an 6o" should be confirmed beause 45 hit if it was a 6. I like a fold
c) meh I don't really like it, I think you are getting called too often by like everything he's not bluffing with.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:05 AM

um.. i wouldnt fold river. i think u played it fine assuming u called. if he shows u better hand so be it. if u been playing like a spewmonkey tardsack, hes not folding a hand better than J9 to a raise anyways.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:37 AM

I haven't been a spewtard, i bluffed one hand vs. him, i think my 45s push was a bit -EV in retrospect, but far from spewtastic. If it makes a difference here, he after the hand told me he would shove it there as well (relevant to his perception of my play, even if it is a bit of an error) So any more thoguhts there, if he leads on the river without a super specific plan and i make 5400, you think he calls all non bluff hands?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:38 AM

a) I don't think this is a great spot to be raising the turn, mainly because it gets you into situations like this. I prefer just calling. There's nothing wrong with your raise size though.
b) Probably call. You are usually behind, but not enough to fold getting 2.3 to 1.
c) A river raise seems really bad here. I don't think he's very likely to fold a better hand.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
um.. i wouldnt fold river. i think u played it fine assuming u called. if he shows u better hand so be it. if u been playing like a spewmonkey tardsack, hes not folding a hand better than J9 to a raise anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]