Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Re: 15 FTP Pros in 500K today

[ QUOTE ]

The point is that these people shouldn't be paid at all. Do you like it when golf and/or tennis tournaments pay certain talented well-known golfers or tennis players to play the game ? I don't. If they're so good, why can't they pay their own way ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiger Woods makes millions from appearance fees at international tournaments and happens to show up at all of the PGA events sponsored by Buick, with whom he has an endorsement deal.

FTP does endorsement deals with pros because they believe it makes them money by bringing in new customers. One way that we can test this by seeing if the presence of a few names in red bumps up the attendence for regular scheduled tournaments.

Anecdotally, I think that the player that the fish have schooled to play with in the same tournament the most has probably been Clonie Gowen.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 AM

I don't like playing for 17th. No pros please.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:40 AM

Full Tilt Poker. Learn, Chat, and Play with the Shills.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:44 AM

[x] worst thread ever
Old 08-07-2007, 09:56 AM

so to summarize

OP is mad about a bunch of no name poker players who suck at poker and have no chance of winning getting their entry fees paid and thus contributing dead money to a tournament in which he plays regularly and is a favorite to cash

Standard
Old 08-07-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so to summarize

OP is mad about a bunch of no name poker players who suck at poker and have no chance of winning getting their entry fees paid and thus contributing dead money to a tournament in which he plays regularly and is a favorite to cash

Standard

[/ QUOTE ]

This is close, but not quite correct. In his 2nd post, the OP is mad because "they tend to be good players."

Later in the thread OP complains that sometimes Carlos Mortenson bags tourneys to go off roading with his friends.

Later still in the thread OP says the players in red have questionable skills and you can't learn anything from them.

So OP is mad that these good players have their buy-ins paid because they are such good players. He is also upset that their poker skills are questionable. He is also angry because he believes Carlos Mortenson is not trying his hardest.

Also, it is probably not safe to assume every player in red has their buyin covered for every tourney they play in.

I hope the OP is messing with people and not the self-contradicting moron he appears to be. Or maybe he is on of those folks who will never concede an argument once they choose a side, no matter how many facts you give them.
I do have some friends like that.

Peace,

KennyBanya
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope the OP is messing with people and not the self-contradicting moron he appears to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see any evidence to justify your hope. Sorry dude. Retards happen; blame God.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] worst thread ever

[/ QUOTE ]

This not the worst thread ever. This is one of the very best threads ever with very interesting opinions offered by all posters.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by the beginning of the 6th hour of the $500K Guaranteed, the FTP Pro has earned his buy-in back. If you're going to cash at all you need to make it into the 6th hour

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, this tournament only last 8 hours. Have you even played in a Sunday Major before?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: 16 FTP Pros in 500K today

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to cash at all you need to make it into the 6th hour, so any cashing FTP Pro effectively has had his buy-in paid for by FTP, just as if their buy-in was paid for upfront.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashed, nothing major, 360th or so for $350, and was out in hour 4. For what its worth, I believe there was one of these pros left in when I went out.