Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: UB Withdrawal B.S, is this allowed?

Maybe I have been acting like an idiot here in expecting UB to be a money transfer fix. However, I need the money and can't be arsed to play any more.

My neteller account is in US$, my bank account in UK£, so I incur horrible transfer fees afaik (it was 3.9% when depositing). I've e-mailed neteller to ask for their fees for withdrawing as I can't find them on the site but haven't heard back.

And, I pay $8 for my check, is that not enough? Can I not tip them another $8 for allowing me to get my money?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:42 PM

Poker is fun, for evryone
Old 08-02-2007, 05:57 PM

You're trying to skip around fees that every person has to pay when they exchange money. The reason the FOREX makes money is because of the exchange rates between currencies.

They should not have to incur the fees of changing the money for you without you giving anything to their site. You can deposit USD into your UK account, it will be converted at the best rate possible (airports and other places rip you off in terms of currency exchange); do it that way and stop complaining about a company that doesn't feel it owes special treatment to somebody who isn't going to be giving them anything in return.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I have been acting like an idiot here in expecting UB to be a money transfer fix. However, I need the money and can't be arsed to play any more.

My neteller account is in US$, my bank account in UK£, so I incur horrible transfer fees afaik (it was 3.9% when depositing). I've e-mailed neteller to ask for their fees for withdrawing as I can't find them on the site but haven't heard back.

And, I pay $8 for my check, is that not enough? Can I not tip them another $8 for allowing me to get my money?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not keeping you from your money, they've already told you they will let you withdraw it back to Neteller. Do that, now that you know UB is not a money-exchange service and is not willing to be one even for an extra $8. You'll be back to sqaure one, but at least you'll have your money and be just a little bit wiser.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:55 AM

What you are attempting to do is launder funds, without even the appearance of using the UB site as it is intended to be used, that is to play poker. If you had made your deposit, played a few hours over a couple of weeks, then withdrawn, you would probably not have had any problems. UB is not a financial institution and understandably does not provide this service.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Here is an update. I really need some help because I want my money out of UB as soon as possible and don't want to play another hand of poker ever again. I understand that Iscrewed up trying to move money through UB to get a cheque, without playing any poker. How do I make amends and explain myself to UB support?

Recently:

I find that Neteller can transfer the money to my bank account for only $1. This is fine with me, so I try to withdraw to neteller and avoid any more problems with UB. UB cancel my neteller withdrawal and send me an e-mail.

----------
In regards to your inquiry, Your withdrawal was cancelled and placed back into your Ultimatebet account balance due to a transfer based withdrawal.

Upon verification of your play history, we see that your withdrawal amount was not accumulated from game-play. The funds come from a transfer from another player.

Our site is audited by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, thus we cannot be seen as any kind of banking facility. Please note that the transfer option is in the game to enhance your gaming experience and to provide associated players, who do not have alternative deposit methods, a means of funding their account. The transfer option is not to be used as a means of withdrawing from another players account.
Please transfer the funds back to the original player so it can be withdrawn.
--------------------
My reply:
The player who transferred me money is a friend of mine and owed me the money.

Regarding your comment 'we can not be seen as a banking facility', I understand your situation. I'm not too interested in playing poker, but if I need to contribute a number of $'s of rake before I can withdraw, I am happy to do so. Tell me what I need to do and I'll do it.
---------------------
UB:
Thank you for contacting us.

In this case what you need to do is to transfer back the money your friend sent
you and then, he need to to request a the cash out.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.
-------------------
Regarding the transfers, I loaned a friend $140 to play some $10nl on UB as he lives in the USA and couldn't deposit money into UB. He usually plays on FT but has no neteller account. We agreed that once he'd finished he would give me my money back and he's done that.

I'm now not interested in playing a single hand of poker, I was never interested in playing another hand when I made my initial deposit into UB. How can I explain myself to UB so that they'll stop preventing me from moving my money back to neteller?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:35 AM

The actual transfers made were these:

Friend to me: $40
Me to him: $160 on UB for $160 to me on Fulltilt (is this ok with UB?)

If I explain this to UB suppor will I be ok? Do they think I'm up to no good?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:56 AM

1 Send money back to your friend
2 Get him to pay it into your bank account by PayPal
3 ???
4 Profit