Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: 50NL How do I play my MP and Big draw

you have an enormous amount of equity on this flop but if the turn bricks then it plummets - youre looking to get as much in as possible when your equity is at a max and before an obvious scare card comes and kills your action.

that said im not pushing here, i make a PSRR and call a push.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Here I'm 3 betting flop to 18, calling a push, if just called pushing any turn myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is getting called here and facing a brick on the turn gives us a tough decision. IMO if he calls your raise on the flop he likes his hand enough to call when you push a blank turn (your draw is no longer a monster), also he may not pay you off if an obvious danger card comes.

It may not be pretty, but pushing this flop is my line here. FWIW i would have raised pf so this decision would have been even easier, and yes i will sometimes play made monsters like this too.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:44 AM

If we're planning on b/3b-shoving, might it make more sense to overbet the pot initially? Maybe $2 or $2.5 instead of a PSB?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:44 AM

he might have floped 2 pairs or he might have the nuts flush draw. you will get called if you shove all in on the flop i really dont see any fold equity in this hand since he is reraising big, and he clearly wants to play for stacks, since you are low stack to his stack. check call is the best option in my view, and i would def fold the turn after his bet there.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he might have floped 2 pairs or he might have the nuts flush draw. you will get called if you shove all in on the flop i really dont see any fold equity in this hand since he is reraising big, and he clearly wants to play for stacks, since you are low stack to his stack. check call is the best option in my view, and i would def fold the turn after his bet there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you have fold equity, check calling flop sucks.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:52 AM

BF,IE

You both make good points that I understand, and agree with. I guess it's just a personal preference that I don't want to make such a big bet here without there being more money in the pot. I guess it all goes back to being a limped pot since I can see 3bet pushing there.

But I don't see our turn decision as being that tough, since we will still have about a 35% chance of improvement on the river, and will be getting good odds based on the size of our stacks to still get it in on turn.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you have fold equity, check calling flop sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like to build a big pot in a limped pot specialy in the blinds
Old 08-07-2007, 07:07 AM

What does everyone think about bet/calling or check/calling given that it's an unraised pot? As we've seen, you have to work pretty hard to get it all in on the flop, with both a straight shove and a 3-bet to $15/$18 having significant drawbacks. Moreover, if villain actually cooperates and gets it all in after all this action, he's likely to have a hand like two pair which negates our two pair or trips outs, and has redraws against our flush. In this example, we have a gutshot as well so the draw is massive enough that getting it in is probably ok whatever. But what about if we had 8h3h and the flop came 3sJhQh? I personally feel like I've been spewing a lot when I flop hands like this from the BB in a small pot, think 'yes combo draw pump it' and crowbaring it all in when I clearly don't actually have that much equity against villain's hand.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But what about if we had 8h3h and the flop came 3sJhQh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Different scenario, your hands not as good.

Would prob check call, dont like these spots.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:25 AM

come on that is really obtuse

if you're in bb i mean

your hand is not as good, but it is still a big draw with lots of (potential) outs

and that's a deliberately extreme example, i was just hoping to spark some discussion on a topic i've been wondering about quite a lot recently

edit: ok your post makes a bit more sense after the edit