Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: 200NL - Rate these triple barrels

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 is so much better if you bet bigger. He never has the nuts here, and even the second nuts is pretty rare. Some tightish NL200 reg is gonna have a hard time calling a PSB on that river with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right. My thinking was that a somewhat smaller bet would have the same effect with less risk, because I think he would expect me to bet less than full pot with the nuts to try to get a call. I might have been overthinking it though.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 AM

i dont understand hand 1. you think villain is a fish and you just sat down at the table. if ever there was a time to avoid bluffing, that seems to be one.

and hand 2, youre turning your hand into a complete bluff. after a turn call, i dont know what villain will fold on the river to. especially a 2/3 pot bet.

sorry to sound harsh. i dont like either of these lines.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 is so much better if you bet bigger. He never has the nuts here, and even the second nuts is pretty rare. Some tightish NL200 reg is gonna have a hard time calling a PSB on that river with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I agree that he rarely has the nuts or second nuts here, I also think that a tightish 200nl reg isn't calling the turn planning to fold on this river.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:47 AM

yeah in hand 2, u almost definitely wanna look to shove here to fold out 2nd nuts
Old 08-07-2007, 05:49 AM

Hand 1. If you had AA would you expect JT to pay you off? If yes don't take this line here.

Hand 2 seems ok. It looks like he has some showdown value without a diamond. He probably folds often enough for this.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:13 AM

hand one id rather just like a 1/2 pot on river...hes looking u up regardless with a jack but will fold his Axdd for 60 just as much as 100 and u lose 40$ less when he has it.

hand two I dunno how much villain is folding once he calls turn...actually [censored] that go for it id say a mid pair is prob his range with a diamond or maybe he even has a set