Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Default X box elite

Is it worth getting an x box elite or just the standard core system? Also I loved socom 2 for PS2 and played it online all the time, probably my favorite game ever, which system can i get the most similar to socom on? should i even consider a ps3?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: X box elite

if ur getting an xbox get an elite...

I just got one a week ago and downloading only 6-7 demos and 8 arcade games gets me down to only 95gb available so ur gonna want the extra space if you like playing the arcade games and trying demos...it is also better internally than a normal xbox (something to do with the processor, im not really sure...)

not sure on ur socom question but yeah..if you get a box get elite.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it worth getting an x box elite or just the standard core system? Also I loved socom 2 for PS2 and played it online all the time, probably my favorite game ever, which system can i get the most similar to socom on? should i even consider a ps3?

[/ QUOTE ]

The bigger hard drive is reason enough to get the Elite. I'm constantly running into the 20GB limit and have to delete demos all the time. And I hardly even log on to Xbox Live. I'd hate to think of how much space I'd be using if I downloaded HD episodes of TV shows or actually tried to store music on it.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:29 PM

ty for response... Are you happy with your xbox so far?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:52 PM

I'm very happy with mine....I really didnt know much about what was all involved in the dashboard part of the xbox before I bought it....but wow...they seemed to have done a great job...

note about music....I've found it is much easier to stream music from computers on my network instead of putting music on the box itself...this way I can access two computers full of music rather than copying the files and moving them to the box....you can stream the playlists on those computers if you use windows media...its been pretty fantastic so far...
Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 PM

Definitely go for the elite/premium. The HD is a must-have. I'm also having alot of problems with just 20GB of space in my premium, so I'd go elite now - given the chance. I haven't played Socom but it seems a whole lot like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1/2. You can check out the demos on XBox live if you have a friend with a 360, or just find the trailers online. You might also want to check out Rainbow Six Vegas.

And yeah - the 360 is amazing. Live alone is just so great, ton of great games, blah blah.. You'll like it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 11:21 PM

Look at the games coming out on both systems, if you like Socom and don't see any must haves for 360, go for the PS3. PS3 also has Rainbow six vegas, and Ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 will be out later this month.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:35 PM

Always be sure to check game comparisons out for yourself as this generation is not like previous ones. Games on the PS3 tend to run and/or look much worse than their 'equivalents' on the 360. This is the case for Rainbow Six Vegas as well: Rainbow Six Vegas PS3 vs 360 side by side. The PS3 version also has numerous other problems including an inability to be played reasonably in any resolution besides 720p (eg- no 1080i/1080p). You're likely to see similar failings in the PS3 port of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. And obv you'll never see the original GRAW on the PS3 - which is a great game as well.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:46 PM

I also think it's plain irresponsible to recommend the PS3 to anybody. Honestly that system just has absolutely nothing going for it yet this generation. If you are one of those guys with a huge aversion for Microsoft then that's one thing or even if you have a serious urge to purchase a blu-ray player - but recommending it and passing it off as an even decent gaming console is just plain deceptive.

I mean honestly, it has just about no good games. The ones it has are mostly also on the 360, with better performance/features/graphics. Its 'major exclusives' are now looking to be major letdowns, it costs $200 more. Blah.. I'm just rambling now. Go with whatever console you like, but be sure to do some research beforehand.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 AM

Dire you are a tool. I didn't say he must get the PS3, I said research what games are coming out and go for the one with the most of your type of games. OP said he liked socom, so obviously since PS3 has socom coming out it might be a reasonable choice depending on other games he likes. How the hell is what I wrote irresponsible or deceptive? You're the one making stuff up, the PS3 costs $50 more than the elite, and in reality is cheaper if you're getting xbox live.

Yes, the ports will look worse, but that is usually the case for any system.