Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 03:05 PM

Default QQ yet again (with anthology of other QQs)

I think this is the 6th QQ in the forum. I don't think I'm duplicating the others, though. Here's the list so far:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - (J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) (K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) here

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 4 bet shove PF here

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - (T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) (K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) here

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - (T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) (4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) here

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - (A?, 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) (7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) here

Here's mine. Comments on any of these streets? This is FR but it's short-handed after some people left the table.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($2.26)
Hero ($4.33)
MP ($1.58)
Button ($3.82)
SB ($4.96)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.04</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.12</font>, SB calls $0.04.

I'm not really sure why I min-raised and then min-reraised preflop instead of just raising 4x to start with, as I was in other hands. Maybe it was a reaction from Limit to just hit the Raise button...

Flop: ($0.26) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.06</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.22</font>, SB calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.70) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.72</font>, SB calls $0.72.

River: ($2.14) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Final Pot: $6.14
Old 08-06-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: QQ yet again (with anthology of other QQs)

The preflop play here is absurd.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: QQ yet again (with anthology of other QQs)

Anyone else see what all these hands have in common?

[ QUOTE ]
Have you heard about the lonesome loser
Beaten by the queen of hearts every time
Have you heard about the lonesome loser
He's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like pre-flop, but I think you expected that. If you had 4xbb bet to .08, then then he min-raised to .14, then I would have 3-bet to .50, I guess.

His flop lead smells like a draw to me, and he's trying to toss out a blocking bet. It's a good raise.

Turn... hrmm... he flat-called it. Makes me wonder did he hit his draw here, or is he on the flush-draw? At this point I think I decide if the flush comes in on the river I'm not calling.

He's got ~$4 behind and he's betting pot on the river... that seems pretty strong to me. At my stage of NL development I think I'd call to see, but I think a better player could fold this.