Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Can I give him credit for quads? 10/20 nl

This is one of those horrible situations you've got yourself in here, you bet the turn as you suspect you have the best hand however it's a situation that you can make zero money from whatsoever as anything that would simply check/call you down is a split pot and you are behind to any pair 7+ or the case queen and it would perfectly normal for the case Q to check the flop.

If you see this down to the river you are looking at a split pot at best, a smaller pair does raise at any stage during this hand.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:23 AM

Hi jj12,

As played, I think I'd call, but I think the best play overall vs. a donk is to 3-bet the turn to 650 and not put another chip in the pot.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:55 PM

Look at the odds, to break even you need to win one in 3, if you think he's bluffing 33% or more, you could rightfully call. But very few people have what it takes to steal the pot away from you, especially with a pot sized bet at the end. A bluff is much more likely if he had position, here he check raised the turn and leads out with pot-raise on the river. Calling here is a serious long-shot.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:52 AM

From my experience these huge river bets once the PFR calls a turn check-raise are virtually always the goods - he's checking twice because in his mind you have AK-type hand and can't call, then once you bet/call the turn he gets excited and decides to try and win a huge pot. I think you played it fine but you got all the information you were looking for on the river, muck and next hand.

Kirk
Old 08-06-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From my experience these huge river bets once the PFR calls a turn check-raise are virtually always the goods - he's checking twice because in his mind you have AK-type hand and can't call, then once you bet/call the turn he gets excited and decides to try and win a huge pot. I think you played it fine but you got all the information you were looking for on the river, muck and next hand.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree with that. if he an open ender or flushdraw on the turn it would be more natural to lead so thats unlikely.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he an open ender or flushdraw on the turn it would be more natural to lead so thats unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to examine the board a little more closely.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:01 PM

youre right. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])
Old 08-06-2007, 02:58 PM

I agree to fold on the river or reraise on the turn to define your hand if it's no good you got no chance of improving so muck with confident. Calling OTT just ends up with the same situation on the river, and big bet USUALLY mean big hand to most players.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:23 PM

please fold turn. Most donks will fire the river ALOT when they take this line on the flop and turn. And i think they have the goods too often if he is a typical donk.

Their thinking process goes something monster = check
then when you check behind they check again minraise to keep you in the pot and fire a PSB on the river realising they have to bet themselves if any more money is to be put in the middle.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:12 PM

I think you should fold. Id say its very unlikely hes bluffing at least a third of the time here and a bluff is the only thing you can beat.