Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Opponent plays hand face up ... I still can\'t win

Live $1/3 game last night... We are down to five players. One of the players is playing every single hand, straddling, raising his straddle every time, sleeping $10-15 when he is not UTG and can't straddle, etc. Basically wild and crazy player. Decent, but willing to gamble and is down several $200 buy-ins. He is sitting on about $300 and I have about $250.

I am BB and he straddles to $14. Another fairly loose player calls. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Critical point: Wild and crazy player has turned his hand face up and says, "I don't care... I'll play my hand face up."

His hand? A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I raise to $50 and the wild crazy player calls -- the other player folds. Perfect.

The flop comes out 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I'm first to act and I am trying to figure out if I can get this guy to dump even more chips to me, since I am WAY ahead here. So, I bet $50.

He has already called me the "tightest player at the table" several times (not hard at this table), knows I have raised him to $50 pre-flop having seen his cards. Knows that I am now betting $50 into him... But, he moves in!

Of course, I insta-call.

Turn is a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] LDO

Brag: I got opponent to put all his chips in on ace-high when he was dominated.
Beat: He hits his draw to a three.
Variance: I can't beat players even when I know what they have.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Opponent plays hand face up ... I still can\'t win

fixed deck/situation. lol funniest [censored] evaaaaaaaar
Old 08-06-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Opponent plays hand face up ... I still can\'t win

live poker is rigged.....DER....
Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 PM

Default !

[ QUOTE ]
Live $1/3 game last night... We are down to five players. One of the players is playing every single hand, straddling, raising his straddle every time, sleeping $10-15 when he is not UTG and can't straddle, etc. Basically wild and crazy player. Decent, but willing to gamble and is down several $200 buy-ins. He is sitting on about $300 and I have about $250.

I am BB and he straddles to $14. Another fairly loose player calls. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Critical point: Wild and crazy player has turned his hand face up and says, "I don't care... I'll play my hand face up."

His hand? A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I raise to $50 and the wild crazy player calls -- the other player folds. Perfect.

The flop comes out 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I'm first to act and I am trying to figure out if I can get this guy to dump even more chips to me, since I am WAY ahead here. So, I bet $50.

He has already called me the "tightest player at the table" several times (not hard at this table), knows I have raised him to $50 pre-flop having seen his cards. Knows that I am now betting $50 into him... But, he moves in!

Of course, I insta-call.

Turn is a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] LDO

Brag: I got opponent to put all his chips in on ace-high when he was dominated.
Beat: He hits his draw to a three.
Variance: I can't beat players even when I know what they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! You must play with Jamie Gold!!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: TexRef

You were outplayed. And probably grifted to some extent.