Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Does Pokerstars have the right to take money out of my account?

I feel bad for your neighbors,you must have a pile of their mail six feet high you got your greedy little ten sticky finger hands on when the mailman accidently delivered it to your house.Im sure you went out and charged a small fortune on their credit cards,cause after all,they were sent to you.And in your world of no honor class or integrity everything is fair game,right.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 AM

Take my Advice Eye -- let this go away sister...
Old 08-06-2007, 09:18 AM

While you are in a question answering mood...

In your OP, you stated;

[ QUOTE ]
This is what happened some time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

how long ago is "some time"?

I have noticed you seem to be answering some questions past tense, like this happened a while back, and some present tense, like it's going on now.

Really, what I want to know (HONESTLY) is, do you still play at Stars? Not interested in your SN, VIP status or anything else, all I want to know is, IF this happened some time ago, how long ago and are you still playing at stars?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:41 AM

Please stop responding to this person.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i believed it was his goodwill to offer 1k compensation or something....anyway thats not the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it wasn't. This is really clear cut, you are wrong and nobody that isn't in to paint chips is going to agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Mr Ed. And OP you are a retarded piece of [censored] also.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This email clearly indicates that the money went back to the original sender

[/ QUOTE ]

When we reverse the transfer, we send it back to the original sender first, and then on to the correct recipient. There's no reason for the incorrect recipient to see various user IDs in their transfer history.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:52 PM

Has anyone questioned what tournament this was in? I'm a loyal tournament railer, and I don't recall seeing any tournaments that would have had the payouts described. The closest I can come up with was a WSOP main event double shootout, where 1st gets a seat and x places get their $160 back.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i want to know why would ps have the right to take my money without my permission

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it wasn't really your money.

I'm not sure whether you're a troll, or you're really that stupid.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just got off the phone with a lawyer...
I hate to dissapoint you PS fans but the site acted totally improperly on this matter and legal action can be taken against pokerstars or any other site for withdrawing or confescating funds from ones account, where the individual has done nothing wrong in receiving that money.

In the case of the $1k the user that claims he mistakenly made a transfer to another user can have a claim on that money (from the beneficiary) and could get it back legally with sufficient evidence but would not be worth pursuing such a matter due to the expenses he will incur for taking this matter legally as I would not be liable for any legal expenses incurred even if the rule is that money were indeed transfered to me by mistake.

Now I will probably pursue the matter against PS if we believe its worth a try and be assured I will keep this forum informed on the final proceedings of this matter.

For future reference, keep in mind that no poker site has the right to take funds out of your account without your written consent if you as an individual have not acted improperly in any sitaution

Thank you for your responses. and to those of you who think i am a [censored], well thats just your oppinion(everybody has one)

[/ QUOTE ]

Over/under on what OP's legal fees will be if he files suit to get "his" $1000 back.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How can this be fraudelent?..I find a reputable trader with a similar id(not 1 letter/number but similar(whatever that means)) as someone1 elses...i agrre to send him 8K first on PS for 7k on FT...the transfers are completed and then I email ps that i made a mistake and they give me my money back...what then?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was premised on my reading of the post Jacob made- whereby the money doesn't make it back to the sender.
I won't argue hypotheticals involving PokerStars not following what they have stated in here.
I would however like to hear back from Jacob now as to whether he feels the email sent to you was in fact wrongly worded, because it doesn't seem to 100 percent comply with what he posted as the new policy.

Note: when I pointed out it would be hard to fraudulently abuse the policy Jacob stated I wasn't replying to you- but to other posters who stated the policy as stated seemed open to abuse- which I would argue it doesn't.
Obviously if a site never follows any policy they have in place anything is open to abuse. But that isn't where the discussion had gone.

Edit: I want to add something that is a long range perspective on another direction Stars may or may not be trending.
It's pretty clear that the new data collection policy is a protective measure mostly for losing players.
Lee Jones also advocates a future where one time disposable user IDs are the norm.
That seems to go against stated policy a site like PokerStars has enforced in the past... namely- the no account name change, the one time avatar change, etc.
Stars has made a very big deal in the past about people knowing who they are playing against, or at least some degree of transparency involved.
The one time user ID isn't in line with this at all.

So why am I pointing it out here?
Here's the reason: Despite agreeing that using common sense to resolve issues like the one the OP brings up is a good thing, I do think Stars is potentially getting something of a pass overall on changing policies because their support is so much better than a site like Full Tilt.

The last thing I would like to see happen is for players to not keep a critical eye on the future of online poker if sites suddenly find themselves reversing positions they have been very strong on in the past in order to re-balance the post legislation environment for themselves.

Whether or not that applies to any particular issue will be up to players to decide for themselves.