Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: a few things i hate about movies

People who clap in the theater.

I went to the Simpsons (which wasn't really funny at all btw), and at every [censored] joke, not only would the theater burst into laughter, but they would clap for about 10 seconds as well. This happened probably 30 times. Drove me crazy.

I also hate when people clap when the main character succeeds. Like when Bruce Willis saved the day in Die Hard, the theater exploded into a clapping celebration. Who the [censored] are you clapping for? Shut the [censored] up
Old 08-06-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People who clap in the theater.

I went to the Simpsons (which wasn't really funny at all btw), and at every [censored] joke, not only would the theater burst into laughter, but they would clap for about 10 seconds as well. This happened probably 30 times. Drove me crazy.

I also hate when people clap when the main character succeeds. Like when Bruce Willis saved the day in Die Hard, the theater exploded into a clapping celebration. Who the [censored] are you clapping for? Shut the [censored] up

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT I don't get the round of applause at the end either.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get screaming babies that's sitting relatively close to you (say 5 seats or two rows), would you tell the parents to GTFO? Would you do the same if you had been on a date?

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be a huge EV+ opportunity. First of all it communicates you don't give a [censored] what everyone else thinks but do what you do feels right, secondly it can lead straight into baby talk where you can make clear you hate that [censored] so she won't see you as long-term relationship material. This will lead to her not stringing you along, giving you blue balls, at the cost of increased risk of being dumped of course. But so worth it.

Or in other words: Yes, hell yes I would.

And personally I hate morons with laser pens although I haven't seen it happen in a long time.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:53 AM

here are the things i hate about going to the movies in the USA

-groups of black people who feel that coming to a movie is a social get together and make as much noise as possible, throw pop corn at each other, get in arguments, and scream out stuff during the movie like "Oh [censored]" and "What he say"?

-parents who take their bratty kids who they cant control and then pretend they are actually parenting by getting into debates with the kids

"Sit down David"
"Why Mommy?"
"Everyone is trying to watch the movie and you are bothering them"
"Are we going to Burger King"
"Well we might go to Burger King, but right now you need to sit down"
"Can I get a Whopper?"
"David, listen to me"
"What Mommy?"
"David, David, sit down you are disturbing other people watching the movie. Paul, tell David to behave"
"David"
"Daddy, can I get a whopper at Burger King?"
David, you need to behave yourself. Please site down"

-People who bring little children to a movie. I will never forget having the following conversation, "God, its great that people don't bring their little kids to the movie theater like they do in America", look of utter confusion "Why would you bring a little kid to a movie? Aren't they going to start crying?"

-Having to hear people chewing in between the previews is probably one of the worst feelings on Earth. They are stuffing their mouths and you hear their gums smacking together while they suck for oxygen.

-The place is dirty. Every seat is stained because some idiot cant drink a soda without spilling it all over the place or wiping their nasty ass hands on the seat.

-People make and receive phone calls throughout the film and laugh uncontrollably at stuff that isn't funny

-people kicking your chair and putting their feat on your seat.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:59 AM

American black people do this sort of thing in movies because they don't give a [censored] about other people. Yeah, I guess I'm racist, but it's true.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Americans do this sort of thing in movies because they don't give a [censored] about other people. Yeah, I guess I'm racist, but it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-06-2007, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Americans do this sort of thing in movies because they don't give a [censored] about other people. Yeah, I guess I'm racist, but it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, black people are way worse than white people when it comes to this stuff.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, black people are way worse than white people when it comes to this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did watch Borne Ultimatum today. We arrived a little late and the only place where 3 of us could sit comfortably was in front of 4 black guys. I live in South Texas so I mostly deal with Mexicans, we don't see many blacks down here.

While they did talk through a large portion of the film they did it rather quietly. It was annoying but eventually the kid in the same row as me won my attention as he decided to sit forward in his theater seat then slam backwards over and over. His parents just pretended nothing was going on. In my experience Mexicans have been more disrupting then Blacks. In all, I usually have unpleasant movie experiences no matter what part of the country I am in.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When people clap for any reason. It's not be done, under any circumstance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite true. When the manager and a pair of cops show up to remove the B***H who's been screaming on her cell phone for the past 10 minutes, that's worth clapping for [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 09:28 AM

You know what's even worse than this? People talking at plays. So the actors can actually hear you and be disrupted by you. This is 100% worse than anything done in movies.