Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 07:15 AM

Default My first 12,000 hands --> Advise pls

This is my first post on 2+2. I started seriously playing $25NL poker about 2 weeks ago and I've completed about 12,000hands. I've studiously read and re-read the posts on the sticky list and I feel really confident about my game, especially about playing pots in position.

I plan on playing at least another 20,000 hands at $25NL before moving up to $50NL. Pls comment on any areas of improvement.

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: My first 12,000 hands --> Advise pls

and i thought i was nitty. wow. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you could probably open up your game a little bit. 17/14 would be a good start.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:27 AM

I've actually opened up my game a little. Over the first 6,000 hands, I was running at 12/5.5 .

Given the right opponents, I often raise with any 2 cards OTB or CO after they limp and c-bet always. Right now, I feel really comfortable with my game, though I will try to see opportunities where I can open up my game further.

Also, fwiw, I only play 9 full-ring tables at once and avoid tables with decent regulars.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've actually opened up my game a little. Over the first 6,000 hands, I was running at 12/5.5 .

Given the right opponents, I often raise with any 2 cards OTB or CO after they limp and c-bet always. Right now, I feel really comfortable with my game, though I will try to see opportunities where I can open up my game further.

Also, fwiw, I only play 9 full-ring tables at once and avoid tables with decent regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt even realize that you were playing FR. we are mostly geared towards 6max here. your play at FR may actually be optimal at this time. i despise FR so dont ask me for help in that department. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

there is a full ring forum right below the micro NL forum that might be of more use to you.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:51 AM

Edit: Full ring? Oh, sorry I can't help you. your stats might be totally standard for FR.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:07 AM

Very nice stats!

With that winrate I wouldn't open up too much, unless you really feel the need for it someday.

[ QUOTE ]
I plan on playing at least another 20,000 hands at $25NL before moving up to $50NL.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can try to take a shot at 50NL. Start up 1 table at 50NL while you keep playing 2 tables at 25NL at the same time (if you like to multitable ofcourse). Get a feel for it. No need to keep playing at lower stakes if you're beating 25NL this hard.
(Oh and 12.000 hands is definitely not enough to tell your actual winrate, maybe you're just running really really hot. please keep that in mind. But right now it looks very good.)
Old 08-06-2007, 08:12 AM

Your preflop raise % is very very low, almost too low to believe, but otherwise, it seems like you must have a solid grasp of this game if you're winning the amounts that you have been in 12,000 hands.

Edit: Sorry, I also didn't realize that you were a full ring player, so I am too used to seeing 6 max stats which would show higher %'s towards VPIP and PFR%'s, good job otherwise.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:23 AM

comparison:

our stats and results are pretty close .. looks like we have found a working strategy for NL25 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
i'm not sure anymore if stealing more is necessary or even profitable at this level. NL25-donks just stack off too happily against strong hands.

NL50 feels mostly the same, at least with some table selection. i'd say go ahead and take a shot.