Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

[ QUOTE ]
Question on this one:

My friends want to give me as long as I want (we'd probably cut it off at ten years) for me to be able to bench press 315 pounds (3 plates on each side). Quick background:

I'm 6-foot 175 right now. I'm probabyl 10 pounds overweight from my "playing weight" let's say in high school (for basketball). I've taken some creatine in the past (Cell-Tech) for about 2-4 months, and it was in less than recommended dosage. The most I've ever bench pressed was 225, that was over a year ago. Right now, I'd imagine I'm hard pressed to get up 195-205.

Thoughts on what a line should be? They want to give me my entire life, but like I said, let's cut it at ten years. Either way, I could use creatine or something but would NOT use any kind of steroids of anything else that has serious side effects.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to take this bet asap. Get it set-up for a year, but in reality I don't think it will take that long. If you just get on a simple 2x a week 5x5 program with some heavy tricep work this should be no problem so long as you don't starve yourself. The key is going to be getting form down (yea, it's just a bench press, but it can be pretty technical if you want to maximize your mechanical advantage) and hitting the triceps hard. Chest is not the primary mover in a competition-style bench press.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen Nick play and will bet on him against any female in the world heavily and also vs anyone over 50 but not as heavily because the 50 yr old will be better than any female.

[/ QUOTE ]

re: Nick vs. any 50 yr. old in the world.
What price would you lay and how much action will you take?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:29 AM

Ok another random idea

you know those arcades at the amusement parks that spit out tickets which you use to buy prizes?

Whoever gets the most tickets with 50 bucks wins.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:21 AM

easy money:

i made a bet with my friend on how many bracelets phil hellmuth has. he thought he had 43 because of misreading this article. i took the under on 12 and laid him 3 to 1.

beat: only made 5 bucks
Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen Nick play and will bet on him against any female in the world heavily and also vs anyone over 50 but not as heavily because the 50 yr old will be better than any female.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take significant action ($10k or so) against you.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:25 AM

I'm about to bet my cousin 1k that he can't consistently flip a coin and get heads (or tails) 9 times out of 10. He claims he can do this pretty easily. Thoughts?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about to bet my cousin 1k that he can't consistently flip a coin and get heads (or tails) 9 times out of 10. He claims he can do this pretty easily. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he says he can do it and he has 1k to back it up, I'd also like to bet with you and I'll take his side.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he says he can do it and he has 1k to back it up, I'd also like to bet with you and I'll take his side.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

..and here we have discovered the genius of this particular prop bet.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take significant action ($10k or so) against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

kyle,
vs the woman or the 50 yr old? or both?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

re: Nick vs. any 50 yr. old in the world.
What price would you lay and how much action will you take?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not too sure. I would need to know rules, how much time Nick would have to train, surface, how many sets and how much Nick would make on the match to know if it would be worth his time to train enough to win.