Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Does Pokerstars have the right to take money out of my account?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt has the opposite policy here.

This isn't as clear an issue as everyone is saying. Otherwise, I could offer to trade someone stars $s for FT $s and then after receiving the FT $s e-mail stars and say it was a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you couldn't. Did you read the post from the Stars rep here? They only reroute the money if a spelling or obvious error was made.

Example:
You want to send money to "Rounders1", send it to "Rounders" by mistake. They will transfer money to "Rounders1" NOT BACK TO YOU.

You want to send money to "JoeyKnish", but send it to "Rounders" by mistake. This transaction will not be reversed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love people that defend pokerstars no matter what they do. As it turns out, the person that transfered OP the money just finished a tournament with OP. Then pretty soon after (presumably) the transfer was reversed.

Are we to presume that OP's Screenname just so happens to be one digit off of the screename of this person's buddy? That would seem almost impossible. Of course OP could be lying, but pokerstars refuses to comment on the matter, so we are left with OP's version.

FT's policy is one that is definitive and doesn't rely upon the judgment of others. A very strong case could be made for FT's policy being better.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:16 PM

I don't blindly defend PS; I don't even play there anymore.

The guy is making accusations that somebody could transfer $, and then claim it was a mistake to get it back, but according to a PS rep that's not true.

Perhaps because the person who transferred had just finished a tourney with the OP, he confused the names he was transferring. What if he was transferring to a friend that was like HiRoller1976 and the OP's name is HiRoller1979? You've never been typing about something and talking to somebody about something different and accidentally type what you're saying aloud?

My entire point was that according to the rep, their policy for such matters was to never send a transfer back to its original sender in the event of a mistake like this. So the scam the person was talking about, COULD NOT HAPPEN under that policy.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread should be a lesson to all... If money shows up into your account get it in play ASAP and try to double it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, anyone remember the party downgrade cabins bug [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OP is clearly mental or a troll... or something.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This isn't as clear an issue as everyone is saying. Otherwise, I could offer to trade someone stars $s for FT $s and then after receiving the FT $s e-mail stars and say it was a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you couldn't. Did you read the post from the Stars rep here? They only reroute the money if a spelling or obvious error was made.

Example:
You want to send money to "Rounders1", send it to "Rounders" by mistake. They will transfer money to "Rounders1" NOT BACK TO YOU.

You want to send money to "JoeyKnish", but send it to "Rounders" by mistake. This transaction will not be reversed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love people that defend pokerstars no matter what they do. As it turns out, the person that transfered OP the money just finished a tournament with OP. Then pretty soon after (presumably) the transfer was reversed.

Are we to presume that OP's Screenname just so happens to be one digit off of the screename of this person's buddy? That would seem almost impossible. Of course OP could be lying, but pokerstars refuses to comment on the matter, so we are left with OP's version.

FT's policy is one that is definitive and doesn't rely upon the judgment of others. A very strong case could be made for FT's policy being better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some good points, but re-read what was said in the OP:

[ QUOTE ]
After the end of a tourney the winner(who actually kicked me out of the final table and got a prize worth $20k) tranferred to my account $1000 which i believed was his goodwill and I was thankful to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP never mentions a deal being made at the final table. Do you really think the winner of the tournament just randomly decided to give $1000 to someone else who made the final table? I mean, does that make any sense at all? And then he goes back and asks for the request to be changed? What exactly would be his motivation there?

I think what happened is that the OP and the tournament winner's friend were somewhat alike, and the tournament winner had the OP's username on his mind since he just played with him.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

mistakes in poker involving real money cannot be rectified.
Suppose i was playing 100/200 nlhm and by mistake I call my A high for $10k in a $10k pot against someone elses quads..or even better, suppose a stud session where my opponents open cards beat my best hand however i call his bet on the river does that make me eligible to request from pokerstars to credit back my money because i made a mistake?I DON'T BELIEVE SO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to add that this might be one of the worst analogies I've ever read.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Example:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some good points, but re-read what was said in the OP:

[ QUOTE ]
After the end of a tourney the winner(who actually kicked me out of the final table and got a prize worth $20k) tranferred to my account $1000 which i believed was his goodwill and I was thankful to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP never mentions a deal being made at the final table. Do you really think the winner of the tournament just randomly decided to give $1000 to someone else who made the final table? I mean, does that make any sense at all? And then he goes back and asks for the request to be changed? What exactly would be his motivation there?

I think what happened is that the OP and the tournament winner's friend were somewhat alike, and the tournament winner had the OP's username on his mind since he just played with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I said earlier in this thread that OP had no legal claim for the money since there was never any agreement and PS has the right to reverse the transactions.

My point was that PS's policy can lead to more fraud, while FT's policy will lead to less fraud. Of course, FT's policy will also lead to more innocent mistakes never getting corrected. Personally i rather have a policy that protects against fraud. I also have little sympathy for people that can't get a simple money transfer correct.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:52 PM

i dunno.. if you read PS's policy at all, you'll see it really doesn't make fraud that much easier
Old 08-05-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno.. if you read PS's policy at all, you'll see it really doesn't make fraud that much easier

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said PS policy would lead to thousands of fraudulent transfers. Your own statement even indicates that it would be at least somewhat easier.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM

Thread

OP, your thoughts on this?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:40 PM

Presumably this PS policy is for some time there. How many times have you read about a fraud occuring because of that?

And in your opinion if a person made an honest mistake by mistyping some id then he or she deserves to lose their $1,000 or $100 or even $10?