Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Does Pokerstars have the right to take money out of my account?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP, this is from Pokerstars Terms & Conditions, an agreement that you signed and is binding:

"3. AUTHORITY. PokerStars retains authority over the issuing, maintenance, and closing of Users' accounts at PokerStars. The decision of PokerStars' management, as regards any aspect of a User's account, use of the Service, or dispute resolution, is final and shall not be open to review or appeal."

Your witness.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...and do you believe that generic condition(issuing, maintenance, and closing of accounts) enables ps to take money out of anyones account as they wish?...then I would say ps is untouchable...if anything goes wrong in the future with the company then they could just confescate all players account money and the shareholders would become all billionaires covered by law with the condition you just posted above...why not just donate them our money instead?...

[/ QUOTE ]
No, that's not what it means.

It's saying that they DO have the authority to "dispute resolution." This is a dispute, they resolved it as they saw fit, and therefore you do not have a case.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt has the opposite policy here.

This isn't as clear an issue as everyone is saying. Otherwise, I could offer to trade someone stars $s for FT $s and then after receiving the FT $s e-mail stars and say it was a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you couldn't. Did you read the post from the Stars rep here? They only reroute the money if a spelling or obvious error was made.

Example:
You want to send money to "Rounders1", send it to "Rounders" by mistake. They will transfer money to "Rounders1" NOT BACK TO YOU.

You want to send money to "JoeyKnish", but send it to "Rounders" by mistake. This transaction will not be reversed.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:26 PM

What were your plans for the 1k?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This isn't as clear an issue as everyone is saying. Otherwise, I could offer to trade someone stars $s for FT $s and then after receiving the FT $s e-mail stars and say it was a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

presumed...
Old 08-05-2007, 04:29 PM

OPTROLL, how can you compare an offshore Poker site to that of a bank? Also the bottom line is that you have no money or morals, saw an extra G in your account, nutted yourself with dreams of all the stuff you were gonna get during the 3 minute window this was in your account, then when it was gone you should have ended your misery by smashing your own skull in with your keyboard. That end part was the only thing missing right?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you couldn't. Did you read the post from the Stars rep here? They only reroute the money if a spelling or obvious error was made.

Example:
You want to send money to "Rounders1", send it to "Rounders" by mistake. They will transfer money to "Rounders1" NOT BACK TO YOU.

You want to send money to "JoeyKnish", but send it to "Rounders" by mistake. This transaction will not be reversed.

[/ QUOTE ]

although i never transferred money to anyone through ps i also read that you have to choose the persons city or something when completing the transfer hence it was not just the case of an extra number after ther *username*
+i dont belive the transfer was intended to someone that has the same username as me with a number or letter addition addition at the end
Old 08-05-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Example:

[/ QUOTE ]

although i never transferred money to anyone through ps i also read that you have to choose the persons city or something when completing the transfer hence it was not just the case of an extra number after ther *username*
+i dont belive the transfer was intended to someone that has the same username as me with a number or letter addition addition at the end

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares what you believe? Pokerstars has the records, so if you took this to court, they could just show their transaction records and you'd have no case here. It's not like the original sender had buyer's remorse, he couldn't get the money back anyway.

You have no case. It's called "undo enrichment", you were never entitled to that money and have no claim to it.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Example:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares what you believe? Pokerstars has the records, so if you took this to court, they could just show their transaction records and you'd have no case here. It's not like the original sender had buyer's remorse, he couldn't get the money back anyway.

You have no case. It's called "undo enrichment", you were never entitled to that money and have no claim to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude...let me make this clear again...i am not claiming anyones money...i am protesting that pokerstars withdrew money from my account without my consent
Old 08-05-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Example:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude...let me make this clear again...i am not claiming anyones money...i am protesting that pokerstars withdrew money from my account without my consent

[/ QUOTE ]

oh...and the sender got the money back btw(ps told me the money went back to the opriginal person)...so yes it could have been a remorse...whether he transferred them to the person he was supposinglu going to thats another thing
Old 08-05-2007, 04:42 PM

The withdrew money that WAS NOT YOURS. They do not need your consent for money that is not yours. It's not like they took some of your money and moved it somewhere else.