Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Does Pokerstars have the right to take money out of my account?

me v the world...

I love it, I always have and always will!

what is life without challenges?..
Old 08-05-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're an idiot and borderline thief

thread over

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-05-2007, 03:12 PM

OP, this is from Pokerstars Terms & Conditions, an agreement that you signed and is binding:

"3. AUTHORITY. PokerStars retains authority over the issuing, maintenance, and closing of Users' accounts at PokerStars. The decision of PokerStars' management, as regards any aspect of a User's account, use of the Service, or dispute resolution, is final and shall not be open to review or appeal."

Your witness.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:52 PM

You don't strike me as a thin person.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:54 PM

TheEye,

If PokerStars had let you keep the money and if the guy came to you and told you that it was an honest mistake and gave you the name of the person he was trying to send it to, would you have given the money back?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like pokerstar's stance on this. Allowing users to reverse trades allows scammers to scam people out of ftp-stars $$ exchanges

[/ QUOTE ]

While I will not comment on the specific case as we have addressed it with the player in question, your worry here is unfounded. The only situation in which we will reverse a transfer is when a player indicates that they have put the wrong name in, and indicates who the transfer was meant for. We then review and determine whether the story is plausible; if it is, we direct the money on to the intended recipient - *not* back to you.

Example of a transfer we would fix in this manner: "I sent to "Rounders", I meant to send to "Rounders1"

Example of a transfer would not fix in this manner: "I sent to "Rounders", I meant to send to "JoeyKnish".

Should people be more careful about their transfers? As always, yes. But in cases of a clear and honest and obvious simple error, we will correct the mistake. Trying to reverse a transfer by changing your mind, we will not.

We will also reverse a transfer done incorrectly as a result of our error. For example, if during the transfers to settle a deal for the Sunday Million, if we make an error, we will obviously reverse the transfers to the correct amounts as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something that FTP needs to do.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, this is from Pokerstars Terms & Conditions, an agreement that you signed and is binding:

"3. AUTHORITY. PokerStars retains authority over the issuing, maintenance, and closing of Users' accounts at PokerStars. The decision of PokerStars' management, as regards any aspect of a User's account, use of the Service, or dispute resolution, is final and shall not be open to review or appeal."

Your witness.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...and do you believe that generic condition(issuing, maintenance, and closing of accounts) enables ps to take money out of anyones account as they wish?...then I would say ps is untouchable...if anything goes wrong in the future with the company then they could just confescate all players account money and the shareholders would become all billionaires covered by law with the condition you just posted above...why not just donate them our money instead?...
Old 08-05-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TheEye,

If PokerStars had let you keep the money and if the guy came to you and told you that it was an honest mistake and gave you the name of the person he was trying to send it to, would you have given the money back?

[/ QUOTE ]

irrelevant...this is not about me c*nting off someones money
Old 08-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Uh, no way. Finders keepers man.

This thread is hilarious, props to OP. Now please give your Stars name so I can avoid you at the tables. There's no chance I could compete with such intelligence, especially in a Supernova player.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:21 PM

Full Tilt has the opposite policy here.

This isn't as clear an issue as everyone is saying. Otherwise, I could offer to trade someone stars $s for FT $s and then after receiving the FT $s e-mail stars and say it was a mistake.