Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Run/Lift or Lift/Run?

When I was in track in H.S., I had a sprint workout everyday but sunday and on wednesday, we'd run like a half mile but not at full strength. Then right after I'd lift...on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday. I got ripped real fast and felt great. But then I went to college and only think of doing these things again. Plus when you run then lift, you build incredible stamina and it's just an overall plus. And you probably know this...but don't try to lift for max weight, lift for reps ...8-10 for every exercise is best but do not do your max
Old 08-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Tsunami,

That's the same reason I go run then lift. In college we always had weightroom workouts after track workouts because obviously the track coach wanted us fresh for the actual track workout. The stuff we did in the weightroom revolved around explosive olympic lifts, squats, lunges, box jumps, etc so it definitely was not mass building oriented.

Even now that my goals have moved towards getting bigger I still don't feel anywhere near 100% in the gym unless I hit the trails beforehand.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:52 PM

I've always been a huge proponent of getting in cardio with weights. It really helps me mentally focus on the ultimate goal of burning tons of calories and my stamina is always better when I'm combining the two.