Old 08-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: What do I do with TT??

[ QUOTE ]
My friend posted this and is a douchebag for not posting the buyin. It was a 16

[/ QUOTE ]

then it's a fold [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2007, 06:45 PM

I'm leaning towards the shove, personally.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:50 PM

This is read dependent. Readless at a 6.50 I shove, don't know about 16s. The looser villains raising range the easier a shove is, ldo.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:52 PM

Id have a read, but without one i shove. The coldcaller has a worse hand than you pretty much always, so his dead money makes it much better
Old 08-04-2007, 08:30 PM

How about a spin on this since I am actually starting to think a little better at the tables these days? What if you have a good read on say 5-6 players other than the villain? And you feel confident you can outplay these 5-6 people?

First thought in my head when reading this was how comfortable do you feel about the skill at the table? If I am reading a lot of donks at the table I wait for hand against one of them. Does this make any sense?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about a spin on this since I am actually starting to think a little better at the tables these days? What if you have a good read on say 5-6 players other than the villain? And you feel confident you can outplay these 5-6 people?

First thought in my head when reading this was how comfortable do you feel about the skill at the table? If I am reading a lot of donks at the table I wait for hand against one of them. Does this make any sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is in a turbo you can't really "outplay" anyone since the blinds go up so fast. So you take +EV situations when you get them. If by "outplay" you mean play better icm then others, I don't know if you can find many plays better then shoving here.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is in a turbo you can't really "outplay" anyone since the blinds go up so fast. So you take +EV situations when you get them. If by "outplay" you mean play better icm then others, I don't know if you can find many plays better then shoving here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, not to be a symantical bastard here but outplaying people in the context of tournaments IS taking the biggest advantage(s) of +EV opportunities as they arise aka not missing +EV ones and not taking -EV ones.

anyways id probably shove readless here.