Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 07:58 PM

Default K8o in BB

1/2 live NL

Had some questions about a live hand, I think the villian makes this hand somewhat interesting. What range do you put him on here?

about villain: very very passive, hasn't gotten out of line. Only seen him raise once in about 3 orbits.

effective stacks = $120

Preflop: 3 folds, Villain limps,1 fold, CO limps, Button limps, SB completes, Hero checks K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain bets $10, 3 folds, BB raises to $30, Villian raises to $80, Hero....

I took this 3 bet to mean that he had a very good made hand as I would expect him to just call a strong draw. He left himself $40 behind and I believe doing that was just begging for a call because he didn't want me off of my hand. On the other hand, what kind of range can we put him on here? I dont think he would raise KJ or 88, then again he could have a ton of heart draws, but I think that is discounted by the flop 3 bet. Although not a complete pile of goo, I don't give him any credit at all for being very imaginitive or tough.

thoughts?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: K8o in BB

So you check-raised on the flop, then? I am definitely worried I'm beat here. Like you, KJ/88 comes to mind. Is it possible that limping with AJh is in his range from MP? Or am I reaching?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: K8o in BB

I did check raise the flop, is this the right move here or is a check call and play the turn more optimal? I was looking to protect my hand on the flop and get value from Kx hands