Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Was this the correct play?

Full Tilt, $20 Sit and Go. 9 Handed, top 3 payout. The villain in this hand was the chip leader the previous hand and then suffered a bad beat with Aces against Jacks. So he went from 5600 chips 6 handed to 3200 chips 6 handed. He then proceeds to write "unbelievable", which obviously meant he was tilting (in my eyes anyways). So this hand starts out and I am 3rd in chips with 2650 in chips. The blinds are 40/80 and I am in the Big Blind. I pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . The first player UTG limps in for 80 chips. The villain in the next seat then makes it 360 to go. Everyone else folds to me and its now 280 for me to call. I have 2570 behind me at this point. What is my play? Do I push all in? Do I just smooth call? Do I just re-raise to say like 800? So I decided to push because I felt like his range was now much broader because of the bad beat he suffered the hand before (and also by him complaining about his bad luck). So I opted to push all in for an additional 2290. I figured the pot was 840 and I'd be putting in the 2290 more. Is this too much of an overbet or was this the correct play considering his range? I felt like just calling would have been really weak and would have also let the UTG player into the pot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Was this the correct play?

I like youe analysis, i push.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Was this the correct play?

If he's tilting, he's either not folding (this might be good because you dominate a lot of the hands he's not folding, but it depends on his opening range) or folding too much (also good).

It's not a big overbet given the size of the pot - a PSR is to 1300 which is way more than 1/3 of your stack so a push is pretty much mandatory if you're going to reraise. With ~30BBs, this is usually the case.

You could ICM this on his non-tilty opening range and check a few different FE values, including 0%.