Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 06:04 PM

Default NEW Software: Poker Sharpener

Poker Sharpener Web Site

You are invited to download and evaluate Poker Sharpener free of charge. Once your evaluation is over you can choose to purchase a license or get a free license via one of our sign up offers.

Poker Sharpener helps you win more money by providing real time statistics, and giving you the tools to analyze your game and become a better poker player.

Live Game Play Features
<ul type="square">[*]View real time opponent muck cards, profiles, and statistics right on the poker screen[*]Click on the poker table to pop up details of how any opponent is playing[*]Formulate the best game play decisions based on context relevant odds and statistics[*]Get live preflop strategy advice based on your own custom strategy[*]See your opponents recent starting hands and how they played them[*]Identify table and player trends with configurable live charts[*]Automatically monitor and record multiple poker tables at multiple sites simultaneously[/list]
Click for more live play features

Post Game Analysis and Configuration
<ul type="square">[*]Evaluate your financial performance over time[*]Perform in depth analysis of your game play and that of your opponents to adjust for deficiencies and repeat successes[*]Monitor your tournament performance[*]Tweak position, tightness, aggression, and other thresholds[*]Define or adjust your preflop strategy to get live advice and evolve it over time[*]See combined results from multiple poker sites by creating a player alias[/list]
Click to view more post game features
Old 08-04-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: NEW Software: Poker Sharpener

As your software claims to offer "real-time" stats and "live preflop strategy advice", can you please let us know which poker sites have reviewed and approved your software for use on their site? Is web-based email the only support offered? What kind of turn around time can we expect when an approved site makes a change to their software that breaks your software? I'm sure other questions will follow.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:15 PM

To our knowledge no sites have approved or disapproved our software, because we are new on the market. Having said that, we have taken great care to make sure we offer distinct advantages to our customers, but none that are unfair. Of course everyone has a different opinion on where to draw the line, but most poker sites have made it fairly clear. They do not want to see player collusion, bots or automated play, or large archives of player statistics being made available to people who did not observe or play those hands. Some software products clearly do these things and have been marked as disapproved at some sites. We are confident that Poker Sharpener does not violate any of the rules the poker sites are trying to enforce. In fact, we agree in principal with the guidelines most poker sites have set to protect the integrity of the game.

I would like to make one distinction regarding "live preflop strategy advice". The entire feature bullet reads as follows: “Get live preflop strategy advice based on your own custom strategy”. The distinction being that any strategy advice you get is based on your own preflop strategy. We or our software are not at any time trying to tell someone how to play. We try to help each player decide upon and develop his/her own strategy and playing style. All actions and decisions taken during the game are made by the human player.

You are correct that our current support mechanism is via email and website form submission.

The turnaround time necessary for us to recover from poker site changes depends largely on the magnitude of the problem. If and when a site is no longer working properly with our software we make it our top priority. I can cite the most recent example where Full Tilt Poker changed their software a few days ago. This change caused ours and other competitors’ software to stop tracking properly. We resolved the issue within a couple of hours of becoming aware of it, while at least one major competitor which I will not name has still not solved it at the time of this reply.

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. I hope we have answered them to your satisfaction.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:57 PM

tl;dr
Old 08-04-2007, 05:38 PM

E-mail the poker sites and ask them if this is okay, and then post the reply here.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:01 PM

Do you have any plans to support Betfair? Since no HUD-application is supporting Betfair I think it would be a great idea to be the first application that does it.

Befair is a pretty big non-US site, then i write this it have about 1700 players. So i think you can find a lot of Betfair coustomers.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Thank you for answering my questions. It is very much appreciated.

NoahSD has a point (which is what I was kinda looking for), in wanting to see official responses from the poker sites. I can't speak for anyone else, but if I have a large bankroll on a given poker site, I can't afford to take a chance on software that may or may not be approved by the site. Your stated goals sound fine, but as you noted everyone has a different opinion on where to draw the line. I do not want to risk my bankroll being frozen by a poker site.

I see that you are (or at least your account is) new to 2+2, but if you will search a few of the recent software anouncements; it has become a common practice to ask the poker sites for approval of your software and post said approval here.

Concerning your support policy, what kind of turnaround can we expect on emailed issues? Have you considered establishing a Forum for your users to share common problems and their solutions to those problems?

You web site indicates the evaluation for monitoring hands is limited to 350 hands. How many total hands are allowed to be imported under the evaluation?

Thank you in advance for your answers. There will probably more questions (sorry, it's just the nature of the beast). I'm sure you understand.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

Then go away. These responses are so damn annoying.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the information. We are looking at a couple of the larger networks right now. Afterwards we will take a closer look at Betfair so we can properly evaluate where it should fall in our priority list.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:27 PM

NoahSD, CudjoBill: Thanks for the tip. We will start the process of getting approval shortly.

You can expect a support response within twenty four hours, but typically that time will be much quicker. We have considered creating a support forum, and for now we have elected to use email/web form support along with an FAQ section. We may implement a support forum later depending on what our users tell us.

The Poker Sharpener evaluation makes no distinction between an imported hand and a monitored hand. The tracking/importing capabilities will stop at 350 hands if you have not purchased a license. The import screen warns users of this so that they can be careful not to exhaust their evaluation while testing the import.