Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Ace magnets work again

[ QUOTE ]
no, i think your average tag is going to just call. if you think your avg tag is pushing ak h ere, then you should obv fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know what to think sometimes as I am often shocked what "TAG" players showdown in certain spots. but i'm a big puss, so I usually just fold this.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 PM

I'm not saying call/fold either way but an average TAG (meaning not very good) is not pushing AK on this flop usually unless he thinks you're a station.

Seriously though, the biggest fear TAGs at this level have is not getting paid off on the big hands they waited so long for.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, i think your average tag is going to just call. if you think your avg tag is pushing ak h ere, then you should obv fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on villain/flow/etc. If I have been active a lot calling 3-bets in position and bluff-shoving a lot of flops lately, then I am 100% shoving AK here.

Or if I know that OP is 3-betting light then I am shoving AK here, knowing that he could easily have a draw and that any raise other than shoving is awkward with stacksizes.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt say its a snap call

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, snap-call is fun to say. THEREFORE SNAP-CALL!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 PM

anyone can compose a unique set of circumstances to make nearly any play correct.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 PM

If I were villain I would push sets, 2p and combo flush/str8 draw for sure. If I thought you could 3bet with Aj+ I would also push AK and sometimes single draws aswell. Your equity isnt that good against that range and i would ´muck my cowboys.

Edit: BTW I also push air or smaller PP sometimes but I wouldn´t call with KK anyway.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:18 AM

So in this hand I was actually villain. I shoved flop here with just a naked flush draw and in the chat he told me he was folding KK. Obv I know he is lying a lot, but I thought it was an interesting spot with KK, so set up this hand.

Basically, I think that KK is a call and that it has pretty much identical value to AK here. Not vs every1, but vs say 70% of TAGs.

I think that there are maybe 5% of TAGs really at most that are good enough to shove this flop in villain's (ie. my) spot with an ace. And maybe 25% at most that are bad enough to shove in villain's spot with an ace. However, its a flop that has missed a lot of "Hero's" rr range in button vs SB and so obv most TAGs are shoving/raising all FDs here and I think there will even be quite a few that will rightly turn a pair into a bluff on this board. So I think I indeed would call with KK here
Old 08-04-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think that there are maybe 5% of TAGs really at most that are good enough to shove this flop in villain's (ie. my) spot with an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

whys that, so they can get value from KK? Clearly the responses indicate that there is hardly any value against anything but AQ and maybe AJ here. at least at ssnl. and aq isnt folding if you just call the flop, either.

shoving AK here has metagame value over calling in these games, and thats about it.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:57 PM

thedustbustr its about fleshing out your range and ensuring people like Dan can't make profitable calls with hands like KK.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 PM

people like dan are the top 2% of players at this level. we should not be optimizing our game towards ppl like dan.