Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 09:41 AM

Default 25NL - AQ from BB against SB preflop raise

This was the sixth hand at the table. In the only hand I saw villian play up to this point, he had QQ.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($24.15)
Button ($50)
SB ($22.85)
Hero ($21.05)
UTG ($14.35)
MP ($32.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.25.

I raised here for value since this COULD be a steal attempt from an unknown.

Flop: ($4) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25.

His lead into me on the flop was confusing (I didn't really know what I should do). Usually, I c-bet if checked to in this position. Should I have re-raised here?

Turn: ($6.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25.

I called here because of the numerous outs I'm receiving, planning on folding the river to a blank.

River: ($9) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4.25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $9
Old 08-04-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: 25NL - AQ from BB against SB preflop raise

Hi

I am very interested in responses to this hand. Found myself here a few times lately.

I'm definitely still learning so sorry in advance if any of my comments are flawed....but my 2 cents on your hand is:

Preflop fine.

His flop back into you bet maybe suggests JJ, QQ, KK, AA. but you would think KK or AA he would reraise again pre flop??

Dunno whether you should call, re raise of fold here after flop......

Once you get to turn and have nut flush and two overcards the call is perfect.

and definite fold on blank.

Cheers
Old 08-04-2007, 09:58 AM

Pf is ok, but I'd probably raise a bit more, say $2.5. He weak leads into the flop, which means he either has a flush draw / weak hand or he has a monster (e.g. a set) wand wants to be raised. On the flop I either raise or fold (by raising I hope to win pot on flop). On the turn I think calling is fine, you should have at least 9 outs unless he is making a weak bet beause he just turned a fh. You could raise the turn since villian has made 2 weak bets and you have outs, but calling is ok. Obv fold on river ui. I think it's the flop where you went wrong on this hand fold &gt; raise &gt; call on this flop I think.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:16 AM

I would have raised more on the preflop to 4x his raise (just my preference when defending my big blind with a relatively strong hand), and raised on the turn with the pairing 7 coming on the board. If your turn raise is called or reraised, at least you know where you stand.