Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 02:19 PM

Default do i lose value from foldin suit BW utg?

My stats are 16/13 and I'm not playing QJs, JTs and QTs and KTs utg. I dont know if they are profitable. Do you think they are?

I'm also not playing 56s, 79s and even Q9s, j9s, T8s and J8s on the co. Do you think these hands have value?

I know the value of hands depend on post flop play, what I'm looking for is if those hands are marginal or very good in those positions.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: do i lose value from foldin suit BW utg?

It depends how well you play and the rest of the table plays.

If you are outclassed then you shouldnt really be at the table anyway.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:22 PM

i play all those hands, especially in the CO. the CO is like a seocnd button
Old 08-03-2007, 02:30 PM

If you're playing against good observant opponents playing these hands in the CO is good because it widens your range a ton, thus making it harder to put you on hands. I'm not saying play them every time though. If you are comfortable playing very tight, I'd say just keep doing what you're doing, while throwing an UTG raise with 79s out there once in a while to keep people on their toes.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:31 PM

you're def. losing value by not playing those hands in the CO. use your positioning and table image, those small pots you win in position are critical to your winrate. as far as UTG play, i don't mind having a tight range in that spot, but you must realize that good players will pick up on that, and you're probably almost never going to get paid from there. i would def. raise UTG with that range like 25% of the time... if you want to be conservative.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i play all those hands, especially in the CO. the CO is like a seocnd button

[/ QUOTE ]

i play all those hands, especially in MP. MP is like a second CO. so sick dudeyo.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 PM

Are you kidding me? LoL, if this is 6-max I will raise with 105o from the cut off. It's a raise everytime. Your opponent only has 1/3 of a shot of hitting any flop, and if he doesn't he will most likely fold the flop or lead w/ garbage and you can 3-bet him with air and take it down.

Reason I think raising more is good because yeah, it increases your range, but also people mark you down as a complete LAG donk and will slow play big hands against you, try to trap, (AA, KK, AK, PPs) and you could be flopping 2 pr or a monster against an over pair and bustem. When you actually DO have a big hand, like KK/AA AKs , people will play back at you PF cause of your range and you will profit more from it in the long run.

J8s, raise, Q9s raise, Q10s raise, Q10o raise, it's like.. raise everytime.

My motto is, play like a strong donk in position, play like a weak pro out of position.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:36 PM

I like having some suited broadways in my UTG range so that it's more likely that I can have a flush when the flush hits, and so that it's always possible that I can have a straight with any three broadways on the board... this meta value is probably pretty thin, and their value in a vacuum is thin (depending on the table conditions), but it feels more balanced to me

in the CO, any suited gapper 64s+ and sometimes worse stuff than that, as long as the button isn't a total pain in the ass or if other players are shortstacks
Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you kidding me? LoL, if this is 6-max I will raise with 105o from the cut off. It's a raise everytime. Your opponent only has 1/3 of a shot of hitting any flop, and if he doesn't he will most likely fold the flop or lead w/ garbage and you can 3-bet him with air and take it down.

Reason I think raising more is good because yeah, it increases your range, but also people mark you down as a complete LAG donk and will slow play big hands against you, try to trap, (AA, KK, AK, PPs) and you could be flopping 2 pr or a monster against an over pair and bustem. When you actually DO have a big hand, like KK/AA AKs , people will play back at you PF cause of your range and you will profit more from it in the long run.

My motto is, play like a strong donk in position, play like a weak pro out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, people will only play back at you when you have AA/KK? I see...
Old 08-03-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so, people will only play back at you when you have AA/KK? I see...

[/ QUOTE ] I did what you told me, I started to cbet more but I wasnt comfortable doing it playing 22/17 (which were my previous stats from 1/2). So I tightened up a lot. And now I'm slowly adding hands to my range. I dont think I'll add the suited BW utg, I'll add the suited gappers in co tho.