Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Changing the freephg folder?

Is there any way to change the folder from C:\freephg hand histories\ or whatever to another place?

(I don't have C: so if I don't find a way to change it it seems I can't use freephg at all right? I mean unless I change one of my discs to C: which I have failed doing now for some time. Basically a "moveable disc" has taken the name C: and now I can't change the hdd's to C: )
Old 08-01-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Changing the freephg folder?

Hi,

You can do, but it is somewhat of a tricky operation - you have to edit the EXE file with a hex-editor IIRC, a procedure not many will be familiar with.

Juk is currently on holiday, bump this thread and I'm sure he'll provide the instructions (I can't find them now, I know they are on here somehwhere, posted by Juk himself)

Can you not just put a flash drive in "c:" or whatever removable media it expects?

dave.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

You can do, but it is somewhat of a tricky operation - you have to edit the EXE file with a hex-editor IIRC, a procedure not many will be familiar with.

Juk is currently on holiday, bump this thread and I'm sure he'll provide the instructions (I can't find them now, I know they are on here somehwhere, posted by Juk himself)

Can you not just put a flash drive in "c:" or whatever removable media it expects?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I'm away until the 11th but still do check posts occationally - (I'm a 2p2 addict I think lol!).

As far as setting the path then this is something that I had intended to add ages ago, but just never had time to add it yet. If you are very desperate then you can hex edit the two strings in the DLL or if you are desperate then send me an email and I'll send you a custom version of the DLL (I can't do anything until I get back to the UK though as no compiler here, etc).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose I could, but then I'd have to use it every time I'm playing which would be a pain

as for hex editing I haven't done it in years, so I'm a little unsure of how to do this. I'll google it and see what I can find
Old 08-03-2007, 09:49 AM

hey it worked.

here is what I did basically(if anyone else wants to do it it's easy). i searched for hexedit on google, downloaded from http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~p...it/hexedit.exe

opened the TestDLL.dll (on a fresh install of freephg, hadn't started the exe yet) with hexedit.exe, searched for C: and changed the 2 spots from "C:\FreePHG_HandHistories" to "G:\FreePHG_HandHistories" then saved it. started freephg.exe and party and then it worked. easy