Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: HU 5/10 - What It Do?

Something just doesnt smell right about it. but i'm not sure.

I think it looks really bluffy, and even if your range here is normally strong (i'm suspicious of that, but whatever), he's likely to put you on a bluff and give you the business.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lots of helpful replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you expect? its 2 + 2...

um yeah... this line looks way to fps and he prob wont believe u and look u up super light.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:42 AM

I like leading out on turn a lot better than dbl c/r. Don't really like flop c/r either.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:55 AM

He folded. I'll reserve my double CR's for strong hands from now on as it apparently looks like a bluff.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He folded. I'll reserve my double CR's for strong hands from now on as it apparently looks like a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had two pair or better this line isn't so good. Its too likely that he takes a free turn card with something with showdown value, and bets his strong hands and bluffs. If you have two pair, c/r turn is gross because it just isolates his strong hands. With top set/straight you don't really fear much, and would rather let him keep bluffing than c/r turn. Also if he checks behind there are a lot of gross rivers that kill your action or make you hate your hand.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had two pair or better this line isn't so good. Its too likely that he takes a free turn card with something with showdown value, and bets his strong hands and bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Villain was floating. I'd take this line with a lot of my strong hands in this spot. And apparently nobody would give me credit and stack off with 66, 77, 88, A9, TT, etc.

Also, do you check this turn with AA-TT?

[ QUOTE ]
Also if he checks behind there are a lot of gross rivers that kill your action or make you hate your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what am I doing with K4? I stated earlier that I wasn't prepared to check-call down as I think he can pretty much deduce my hand and play accordingly. I'm never check-raising, check-calling with a strong hand.

I didn't think his turn bet looked very strong, but it's possible he could've called my flop CR with a better hand that was floating. I think a turn lead is probably the best against his entire range and I was lucky my FPS worked here.