Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do I start?
Maroney v. NYJ 3 20.00%
M. Bell v. KC 2 13.33%
D. Rhodes v. Hou 4 26.67%
A. Green v. NO 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Re: AWESOME PREFLOP QUESTION

Call because I don't think playing this pretty much 4 ways guaranteed OOP for 3 bets is going to bode well for us. I'm not a fan of doing something because it makes it easier for us to play but in this spot I think we need to not 3bet so that our hand is easier to play.

Depends a bit on what a pokerquan is though. If he is really spazzy then I don't care if we're playing a 4 handed pot, our hand is just too good.

Folding here is absolutely absurd.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2007, 10:24 AM

worth expanding. I think we have to 3bet. We have the raisers range dominated a good % of the time, and even in coin flip situations our 3bet makes it very hard for him to play a hand like 99 optimally if a K or Q hits. We take the initiative in the hand for Kxx flops.

Despite knowing that BB is a nouveau rich fish, I want to make him make the biggest mistake possible with 57s or whatever crap hand he may chose to call with. I really want to make him pay 3 bets for A5 or something like that.

early limper will sometimes fold to the 2 extra bets depending on what bb does. So there's always a chance we shake him, although your description leads me to believe he'll call more then half the time.

Perhaps I'm using way too much influence from my 6max game here, but I'd rather be aggressive here. We've talked at nauseum about how wrong it is to just raise AQ in this same spot when everyone limps. but the 3bet is considerably more powerful if we have any kind of TAG image.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:53 AM

the big blind is a terrible loose recent jackpot winner who is probably dangling from his weight room right now after giving away ~15k in the last week. You do..?

I could not stop laughing from this statement.

FWIW I call but three bomb on occasion
Old 08-02-2007, 01:02 PM

I think you need to define "descent long term 30/60 player"...

does this mean:

A) you don't see him lose LARGE amounts of money but he is probably a losing or break even player at best?

B) He's a tricky tag that knows strategy and is a winning player and/or has the possibility of out-playing you post flop?

C) He's a straight up player who is good enough to beat the game but isn't thinking about position, isolating donks, using the button to push out strong blind players in the blind, meta-game, et. al.

IF its....

A) 3 bet, hope BB does fold, maximize profit with best hand, and/or move players off their mid strength hands post-flop

B) Call, see what develops... why put in extra bets with a hand that may be totally dominated when you know you'll have to play out of position against at least 2 [maybe 3] opponents.

C) 3 bet, if he's not really paying attention he may fold the flop or turn for 1 bet if he whiffs with AK, AQ, or any # of other hands that beat you due to your preflop aggression.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"descent long term 30/60 player"...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to know what this player is too. Why is he descending? Did he fall off his chair? Is he stuck in this session therefore his chips are descending? Or did he used to be better than he is now, so his skill is descending?

I do know what he means by "decent" though. It's probably somewhere between B & C.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:12 PM

quan plays straight up player who is good enough to beat the game. he plays weaker than majority of regular winners in the 30.

BB will never fold any two for a 3bet, he just won the JP and has been giving it all away since he won it a week ago.

given that info, we have to 3bet and hope quan misses the flop so we can play HU vs JACKPOT BOY.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:17 AM

3 bet is also good for metagame.... u r letting pokerquan to not mess around w/ your blinds just because LP limped...