Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: If I have to time, is it best to work out + cardio every day?

what are you looking to do? what are your training goals?

i can help you out..
Old 08-03-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry if I was unclear,

what I did was:
Chest, Triceps, Shoulder/Traps
next day
Back, Legs, Biceps, Abs

repeat

[/ QUOTE ]

your going to burn out quickly and lose any progress u have made if u keep this up.

what are your training goals? do you just want to lose weight and build some muscle mass? or do you want to increase strength/power?

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.
op, what is yur goals? do u want to get buffed? do u want to be in good shape? being buffed is not synonomous with being in good shape. are you tryin to get into good shape to play poker better?

i can tell u all u need to know. u just have to be more specific about yur goals. nutrition is very important too. nutrition is 70% of the battle.

u need to be more specific about yur goals.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I started this push-pull program 4 weeks ago and its working great.

4 days a week, mon-tues-thur-frid..you do 2 sets of 8 reps for each exercise (choose weights accordingly-8th rep should be very tough to do)

monday-thursday: push exercises--> chest (3-4 diff. exercises), triceps, legs, shoulders

tues-friday: pull exercises -->biceps, back, shoulders, legs, lower back

abs everyday

cardio should always be at the end of the session so you're not exhausted while training

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, see you do the same thing as me except I have legs on wed. but yea generally keep push pull..for the guy that hasn't lifted above and was asking push obviously means workouts where you're pushing the weight, pull means pulling the weight, just to clarify for ya.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:00 AM

Well, most of these guys are gonna sell you on some [censored] that doesn't work. This is probably the best program you can get for free and probably one of the best programs including pay for ones.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...s_westside.htm
Old 08-03-2007, 02:06 AM

deadbeat
Old 08-03-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry if I was unclear,

what I did was:
next day
Back, Legs, Biceps, Abs

repeat

[/ QUOTE ]

your going to burn out quickly and lose any progress u have made if u keep this up.

what are your training goals? do you just want to lose weight and build some muscle mass? or do you want to increase strength/power?

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.
op, what is yur goals? do u want to get buffed? do u want to be in good shape? being buffed is not synonomous with being in good shape. are you tryin to get into good shape to play poker better?

i can tell u all u need to know. u just have to be more specific about yur goals. nutrition is very important too. nutrition is 70% of the battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goal is to shed some fat while building/maintaing muscle. Basically, I am 6'1 weighing 210. I am pretty big but not overweight, but I want to lose some fat.

What do you mean by burn out? Burn out in which way?

Here is my nutrition if it matters, since you wanted to know more:

Old 08-03-2007, 02:16 AM

wow i just realized that this is BBV and not H&F ROFL
Old 08-03-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
will someone please teach me how to work out?

im not even kidding. how long and how many reps etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many different theories...
I got my workout from a good friend who wrestles at OSU and is ranked one of the top in the nation at his weight.

From what I read 8 reps is the ideal as it works the fast twitch fibers the most.

I forget what running back was about to retire a year or two ago but got a new trainer and just did explosive training, high weight at very low reps ie 3, and became an absolute monster. But his muscles would also lack endurance, but he didn't need that so..

Guys in the UFC like Tito focus on high reps with low rate to build endurance. Better to throw a 100% punch for 5 minutes then throw a 120% punch for 3 minutes.

Its all about consistency and keeping your body guessing I guess, just realize your muscles need time to heal+protein to rebuild.

I read about a powerlifter that would only lift every 3rd week. So two weeks off, then lifting 5 hour days 7 days in a row just absolutely killing his body. His gains were absolutely sick, I can't remember them but I'll try to find the article. But I know one jump was bench 25 pounds in just two weeks which is borderline unheard especially if you've "reached peak" in lifting where you generally gain slower obviously unless you're roiding.

[/ QUOTE ]

the real reason anyones strength would increase that much even though u peaked is because with 2 weeks rest, u dont burn a lot of calories and yur body builds up alot of calories which makes u stronger. it doesnt really have anything to do with the 5 hour workouts and then 2 weeks rest.

if the same guy did his regular schedule for 5 hours a day and then rested 2 weeks but hardly ate......he would come back to the gym weaker. gaining body weight by eating more calories than u burn makes u stronger.

u can workout till yur blue in the face, not eat good and become weaker. u can do the bare minimum of workout, eat alot, gain weight and become stronger.

keeping yur body guessing is another myth made up from some idiot years ago and then it became the word of god in the workout world.

the real key to making gains, whether it be strength, endurance, muscle building, etc.......is intensity.

you can do the same workout schedule for the rest of yur life, as long as its a proper schedule and make all the gains u want if u can increase yur intensity little by little for each workout. the best way to do this is to keep records of each workout and try to break some sort of barrier in the next workout. if u repped 225 6 times on bench, then try for 7 on the next workout. treat every excersise the same way. the human mind and body operate better when u have a fixed number or time u r trying to break. u have to have something to chase. if u r breaking through those number barriers, then there is no doubt u r making progress. if u bench 225 6 times and never try to break through......u will always bench that same amount. u have to have a number to shoot at.

if u go to the gym and just put in a hard workout, how do u know just by "feel" if yur workout was harder than the last? your body is different from day to day. what felt hard yesterday might not feel hard today and vise versa.

recording times and numbers and amounts and trying to break through them is the best way to make progress. u can do the same routine for the rest of yur life and make all the progress u want by just trying to break through previous barriers.

flex wheeler swore by this and he was the best built man in the history of bodybuilding.

that and juice
Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry if I was unclear,

what I did was:
next day
Back, Legs, Biceps, Abs

repeat

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goal is to shed some fat while building/maintaing muscle. Basically, I am 6'1 weighing 210. I am pretty big but not overweight, but I want to lose some fat.

What do you mean by burn out? Burn out in which way?

Here is my nutrition if it matters, since you wanted to know more:

[/ QUOTE ]

whey is crap. switch to eggwhite protein powder or micelular cassienate or milk protein isolate.

whey is very acidic and the anabolic rating is practically zilch. i can get 50 pounds of whey for 100 bucks. its absolute cheap crap that GNC and other corporate nutriton centers are pawning on people.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:06 AM

i have heard differently from every single other person.....