Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 01:52 PM

Default NL100: AK OOP, K27 flop

Is the turn lead bad? If checking is better, do you c/c or c/r?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop

BB ($37.55)
Hero ($95)
MP ($111.85)
Button ($96.80)
SB ($93.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $3, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($8.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($22.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $21</font>
Old 08-02-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: NL100: AK OOP, K27 flop

Leading is ok. Sometimes I c/c and lead river, sometimes I c/r. Depends on the exact villain/board.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 PM

turn lead is okay for mixing it up, he isnt folding any decent king to it, looks like you're trying to move him off air that cbet. lead river too unless its a scar card, like J Q or T
Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 PM

thank god you didn't give any reads or basically anything that migiht be helpful
Old 08-02-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thank god you didn't give any reads or basically anything that migiht be helpful

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, no reads or stats.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leading is ok. Sometimes I c/c and lead river, sometimes I c/r. Depends on the exact villain/board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain the c/c and lead river. I never understood calling OOP and then leading on a blank next street. What is the reasoning behind this play? What are you trying to represent?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain the c/c and lead river. I never understood calling OOP and then leading on a blank next street. What is the reasoning behind this play? What are you trying to represent?

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes your line look real bluffy to the villain, provided River brings a blank. Gets you looked up pretty damn light, and checking behind the river allows the villain to get to a cheap showdown with hands we dominate, like KQ-KT, 67.

Whereas a strong turn bet like yours will fold out hands that we want along for the ride. By checking the turn we get value out of these weaker hands, and make our hand more deceptive.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes your line look real bluffy to the villain, provided River brings a blank. Gets you looked up pretty damn light, and checking behind the river allows the villain to get to a cheap showdown with hands we dominate, like KQ-KT, 67.

Whereas a strong turn bet like yours will fold out hands that we want along for the ride. By checking the turn we get value out of these weaker hands, and make our hand more deceptive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Makes a lot of sense. What's a good bet size for this "c/c lead blank" play? 1/2 pot? 2/3?