Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What cardrooms comes to mind when you think B&M
I have small local mini-cardrooms in my state 30 29.70%
My buddy vinnie or Guido's house 1 0.99%
Tropicana,Sands,Taj Mahal 11 10.89%
Wynn, Mirage, Bellagio 54 53.47%
Oldschool Binions 5 4.95%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Question 29

I got 124 but got that bankroll question because I didnt read it right. I heard that to play STT's your bank roll should be more than 40 times the buy in... I thought cash would be the same. But I was thinking max buy in was $100 and not $1000..
Old 08-02-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Question 7

I would like to get in on the discussion of some of these. I got a 101 which I'm ok with. i think I have good natural ability but there is a side to the game that 2+2 has introduced to me. I'm down for more questions.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Question 29

Did this thread die out? I just found it and took the test scored a 98 but want to see the rest of the questions to know which ones I got wrong.....anyone else interested in posting the rest? I don't know how to do it.
thanks
Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Question 31

10/20 NL cash game. $2,000 stacks.

You limp UTG with: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Player on your left raises to $100. He is a tight and aggressive player. He's willing to make big bluffs and big calls. Folded around back to you. You re-raise to $360. He calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

You bet $320. He calls. Turn is: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

You check. He checks. River is: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

You bet $600. He calls. Your image is tricky, tight and aggressive. Your opponent has seen you show down some bluffs in the past, but doesn't consider you a maniac.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Question 31

[ QUOTE ]
10/20 NL cash game. $2,000 stacks.

You limp UTG with: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Player on your left raises to $100. He is a tight and aggressive player. He's willing to make big bluffs and big calls. Folded around back to you. You re-raise to $360. He calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

You bet $320. He calls. Turn is: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

You check. He checks. River is: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

You bet $600. He calls. Your image is tricky, tight and aggressive. Your opponent has seen you show down some bluffs in the past, but doesn't consider you a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went with KK.

1. I dont think he has AK. We have AK, and there are 2 Aces on the flop. Pretty sick if he has the case Ace and a King.

2. I think he has KK, as it looks like he is trying to keep the pot small - not sure if we have the Ace or not.

3. I dont think he would call a re-raise with 44, and then not bet the turn or even raise the river?

4. Same logic as above, with the pocket 4's.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 PM

AK seems pretty unlikely. Its a plausible explanation for the pre flop action, but he isnt going to reraise on the flop or bet on the river? Sure he could be trapping, but then he is going to just call down the river bet? I dont see that at all. The only hands he is afraid we could have would be A4 A8 or A2, and that is so unlikely any aggressive player wouldnt play such small ball with AK. And, in any event, there are only 3 ways in the entire deck this hand could have been delt once we see the board. Its just statistically unlikely on top of all of that.

44 is out based on the pre flop play unless he loves to take big risks. But if he does, and he played it, it seems like he would have pressed it once he hit the set even with the scare aces.

88 could be a stretch for the pre-flop play, but he has chrome plated balls if he called the 320 on the flop.

KK seems the best explanation. He is playing small ball on the chance you are bluffing an Ace, which alot of people would do seeing this board. Unfortunately for him, this time you arent. Also, statistically, its twice as likely he would be dealt this hand over AK, the next best candidate.

KK is my vote.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:57 PM

he would probably have TT, JJ, QQ, or KK
Old 08-07-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Question 32

In a full ring game, AT offsuit is typically a losing hand from early position for most professional players.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 PM

this question is too easy
Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 AM

I scored 122. go me!!! Keep em coming plz.