Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 07:29 PM

Default 10/20 75o from the small blind

No super strong reads at the time, villian seemed to be aggressive, but not sure of the magnitude.

This might be a little light to steal with here, but lets not focus on that part of it.

My typical line is to c/r the flop here, and I don't semi-bluff raise the turn too often, but decided I would c/r the turn whether or not I hit the straight. When I paired the turn, I decided that the turn c/r might have some value, or possibly get a 6 out hand to fold.

Is this line terrible? Bad spot to consider a semi-bluff raise on the turn? Just c/r flop and play it straight forward?

What

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 08-02-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: 10/20 75o from the small blind

This isnt a semi bluff because he never folds a better hand. Its fine IMO if you have a read that he calls down with A high a lot, but usually I just c/c turn and river until I have a better read.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:45 PM

I would check/raise the flop as well. If he's good he's 3 betting PF with worse than ace high, and should fold that to a turn bet. Plus if a card like a ten or heart falls he might decide to fold ace high.

As played I think the turn check/raise is fine as long as he doesn't check through too much.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:45 PM

I steal stupidly light but I pass on this one, esp w/ out a good read

I usually c/r flop

turn is fine as played, you're usually ahead and you have a strong redraw even if you aren't
Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isnt a semi bluff because he never folds a better hand. Its fine IMO if you have a read that he calls down with A high a lot, but usually I just c/c turn and river until I have a better read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was talking about c/r the turn if I didn't hit. Once I hit the 5 I thought I had enough equity to c/r. I didn't think a lot of weak ace and king high hands would for the flop if I c/red, or turn if I c/red the flop and led the turn. I thought this might be a decent way to mix up my blind steal play and if I didn't improve on the turn gain a little fold equity against some aces, kings, etc. But without a read, or unless I play with this guy a lot, maybe its not worth the trouble of playing it any differently. Just trying to make sure I'm not too out of line, which I tend to get at times.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 PM

If you call the flop I wouldn't blindly check/raise any turn, some will look alot like you just picked up a draw. This one does too which is why it's a good 'cause I think he'll call down with ace high.