Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Default beh flop raises

I get this a lot and might be too weak.. 100BB stacks. I raise 99 from CO. BTN calls, the blinds fold. The flop comes A67r. I bet approx. 2/3 pot I get minraised, I fold, putting him on AK-AT, a set or two pair. I feel my opponents are quite passive without a monster, but is this still too weak at 5NL and 10NL?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: beh flop raises

[ QUOTE ]
is this still too weak at 5NL and 10NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when you run into hands a few times in a row you start to think that your opponents are playing back at you, when they really are just picking up some cards.

This isn't really a spot where you can show any more aggression IMO because it's so likely that your opponent has an Ace or better.

My answer to your question is no, and that I don't think you should worry about playing too "weak" when it's fairly obvious that most of the time you are behind.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:11 PM

IMO, calling a cbet on the flop w/ that board means you have something (TP or MP).

raising a cbet means you have TP or better. So I agree w/ the fold. find a better spot.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, calling a cbet on the flop w/ that board means you have something (TP or MP).

raising a cbet means you have TP or better. So I agree w/ the fold. find a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see people raising there with TPWK and middle PPs 'to find out where they are' and other dumb aggression. A hand like TPGK isn't an instamuck there versus those players.When you find one that does that plus minraises draws, even 99 becomes too good to fold.

Readless, it is a muck of course.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:04 PM

be sure also that your cbet frequencies are such that you are not contstantly cbetting into someone then folding to their raises. this is basically throwing money away.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
be sure also that your cbet frequencies are such that you are not contstantly cbetting into someone then folding to their raises. this is basically throwing money away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, AMA!

In other words: cbet less with air and/or fold less to raises with marginal hands than I'm going now in general?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This drives me blind stupid angry, and sooner or later I start playing back with bottom pair.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see people raising there with TPWK and middle PPs 'to find out where they are' and other dumb aggression. A hand like TPGK isn't an instamuck there versus those players.When you find one that does that plus minraises draws, even 99 becomes too good to fold.

Readless, it is a muck of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

I often try to play my specific opponents, but often I just don't know if they are only raising with sets/twopair, or also to semibluff with draws or even also with air. As a standard I fold, but almost all the moneyz from the pots I pick up by cbetting when I didn't hit are lost by the couple of times I get raised and have to give up. It seems pointless except for a little more action when I truely have a hand.