Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If your standard raise is 3BB its correct to stel ...than in limit
more 2 10.00%
less 18 90.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: I\"M down 20k all of a sudden LONG (with cliff notes)

[ QUOTE ]
one last time... I WAS 18 and I SIGNED SOMETHING THAT MY DAD PUT IN FRONT OF ME WITHOUT EXPLAINING IT TO ME AT ALL...

[/ QUOTE ]

Per your post, you:

Graduated HS at 17
Receive acadmeic scholarship

Which tells me either you should have been bright enough to read what you're signing and ask questions OR or bright enough to learn (what sounds like) your first life lesson and read what's put in front of you before signing.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well you don't sound grateful at all. You did call him shady for basically having you pay for your own bills, that you signed yourself. -idiot-

[/ QUOTE ]

i called him shady for telling me he was paying for 100% and me finding out that i owe 20k only because i opened up some mail... where have u been?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one last time... I WAS 18 and I SIGNED SOMETHING THAT MY DAD PUT IN FRONT OF ME WITHOUT EXPLAINING IT TO ME AT ALL...

[/ QUOTE ]

Per your post, you:

Graduated HS at 17
Receive acadmeic scholarship

Which tells me either you should have been bright enough to read what you're signing and ask questions OR or bright enough to learn (what sounds like) your first life lesson and read what's put in front of you before signing.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya didn't expect to learn this via my father tho, kind of upsetting
Old 08-02-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well you don't sound grateful at all. You did call him shady for basically having you pay for your own bills, that you signed yourself. -idiot-

[/ QUOTE ]

i called him shady for telling me he was paying for 100% and me finding out that i owe 20k only because i opened up some mail... where have u been?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the OP you said you assumed he was paying your tuition, not that he told you he would pay 100% of it. Which one is it? That's a big difference. Did you actually have a discussion with your parents where they told you they would for sure pay 100% of what is left of your tuition? Did you ever have a discussion at all regarding college finances? From your OP everyone has assumed the answer is no to all of these questions.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:33 PM

Ok if you say that he was shady and didnt communicate with you, why dont you show him this thread and discuss the issue.

As opposed to acting like a 4 year old and threatening to drop out to get him to pay for it.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:34 PM

It's quite apparent the OP is the shady mofo. He obviously was either in a hurry, or had no interest in what the papers were for like any teenager would (me included). Signs it, not thinking much, assuming his rents will carry him on their backs through-out his life.

He later finds out he indeed has to pay a small percentage of college tuition like 90% of college graduates do. Whines, moans, groans, then continues to banter his own father and continues to think he is right in doing so.

The OP seriously needs to grow up and understand that life isn't always fair. Suck it up and move on, it's not much, and your father did nothing wrong.

You have so many mixed stories about how the paper signing was done that it's pretty obvious that you probably shrugged off any kind of useful information your father was trying to portray. Heck I even do this, but I DO NOT blame my father for being shady like a total jaka$$.

For the last time, grow up and be responsible, EVEN if your dad slipped you a fast one (which is very unlikely his intent)
Old 08-02-2007, 04:58 PM

the last three posters can go back about 100 posts... then read my responses and save me the effort in responding
Old 08-02-2007, 05:43 PM

I doubt very much that your father did anything shady. Accusing him of that will result in losses far greater than 20k.

I almost always advocate levelling. That is telling your father what happened and how you feel and listen to his side of what happened and how he feels. But in this case I think it is very dangerous considering how you have represented yourself in this thread so far. If I was your father and you showed any resentment whatsoever for having to pay for such a small part of your education, I would seriously re-evaluate how I was helping you financially.

Oh and the whole bluff thing? If my son pulled that on me I would call him on it instantaneously. And it would affect our relationship from then on. I do not for one second tolerate a "spoiled brat" attitude from either my 3 year old son or my 7 year old daughter. The moment I get a whiff of it I put the fear of God into them.

Feelings aren't facts and you seem stuck on feeling tricked. Assume you weren't tricked and ask yourself if you would voluntarily pay 20k for your entire education. Do a little research to understand that with a college degree you are likely to earn substantially more than you would in your lifetime than without one. Far more than 20k. Look at it is your start towards investing in your own life.

And if you want an A+ on this quiz, go to your father. Tell him that you were unaware that you were supposed to pay any part of your college education but just found out that the papers you signed several years ago obligate you to 20k in loans. Look him in the eye and say "Dad is there any other way I can help you and the family financially?"
Old 08-02-2007, 05:48 PM

can anyone add anything new? I would assume no... basically stop posting unless you have something new to say... you spent a lot of time to write that, even tho u said nothing new... lol
Old 08-02-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can anyone add anything new? I would assume no... basically stop posting unless you have something new to say... you spent a lot of time to write that, even tho u said nothing new... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

just that you're in a lose lose situation

if you screw around w/ this, you'll antagonize your parents, and that will cost you a lot more than 20K

if you don't mess around, well then, you owe 20K

i would go for option 2

also parents are / aren't stupid, they will rebluff out of anger / skill