Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Default A few 25NL questions

First of all, I posted a thread a few days ago in micro stakes NL forum asking people to look over my stats, that was of great help, thanks a lot if one of you sees this. But why did it get locked? I didn't know you couldn't post that sort of stuff there? I dunno I just saw heaps of other people doing it and thought its fine.

Anyway, I moved up to 25NL ran very well. Played only one session of 400 hands (was only 2 tabling) and had 25PTBB/100, haha.

Anyway two question that popped up:
1. PF raise, do i ever raise it $0.75? Converting it back to 10NL stuff its like raising it to $0.3, which I don't think I have ever done. But I have seen several posts where people raise it up to $0.75 and every thinks its fine.

2. Is a cbet of $1.25 into a $1.75 pot strong enough? For me the right amount feels to be $1.35-$1.4, but it just takes too long to type if you're multitabling (opposed to using the scrollwheel).
Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: A few 25NL questions

DL AutoHotKey (AHK). It's free, and u can use it to make a certain button of your choosing on your keyboard 3.5xBB (for a preflop raise) or 70%/80%/90% of the Pot for c-bets or whatever. Similar to FTP hotkeys.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:04 AM

See Software forum or try Google if you are having trouble finding it.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:05 AM

LOL 25 CENT ROOMS. dont get to big u fucin high roller u. whoaaa 25 mutha f u c k i n cents. I PLAY 25$ NO LIMIT.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL 25 CENT ROOMS. dont get to big u fucin high roller u. whoaaa 25 mutha f u c k i n cents. I PLAY 25$ NO LIMIT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really nice post in the beginner forum.

FWIW most "beginners" start at lower stakes. I guess you loaded 10 grand as a beginner and went straight to 2500 nl.

OP disregard his post, he is obv. a jerk.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I posted a thread a few days ago in micro stakes NL forum asking people to look over my stats, that was of great help, thanks a lot if one of you sees this. But why did it get locked? I didn't know you couldn't post that sort of stuff there? I dunno I just saw heaps of other people doing it and thought its fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I typically lock all stats threads outside the uNL official stats thread, there is a link to it in our posting guides. Otherwise, as you sort of noticed, the forum gets flooded with tons of stats posts that really dont tell us much other than some numbers that really wont help to fix your leaks too well. You and I could have the same stats, but me be a 8bb/100 winner, you an 8bb/100 loser. If you wish to have your stats looked at, we have an official stats thread. Most, if not all other stats posts, outside of that that are active when i check are locked.