Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 08:19 AM

Default AKs flopped TPTK+NFD OOP, turn \"bricks\"

Have no idea what UTG's minraise means. Only played 20 hands with him. BB is not very good, 57/7 over 40 hands. Stacked him earlier when I flopped the nutflush and he turned a twopair.

First I want to know what to do on the turn here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($30.81)
Hero ($80.61)
BB ($23.88)
UTG ($52.76)
MP ($24.30)
CO ($33.41)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.25.

Flop: ($5.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, BB calls $3.50, UTG calls $3.50.

Turn: ($15.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero..?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Re: AKs flopped TPTK+NFD OOP, turn \"bricks\"

I probably lead the turn for $10 or so, but that is a really crappy card that fell, and UTG does have me worried, so I think checking is also a legitimate option.

Often, UTG will go ahead and bet the hands he would have called with, and at least by checking you avoid getting raised by hands like AQ, KJ, and TT.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:54 AM

I bet more preflop. 2.50-3.25
on the flop 4.50-5.25 or
85-100% if you start with a bigger bet pre-flop. Your preflop raise almost seemed like to me that you are fishing for callers, I think that is unhealthy with AK, but maybe my logic is flawed from my SNG days.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 AM

Bet bigger pf at these stakes, as played $5 on flop, not a great turn card though so check calling cannot be that bad.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on the flop 4.50-5.25 or
85-100% if you start with a bigger bet pre-flop. Your preflop raise almost seemed like to me that you are fishing for callers, I think that is unhealthy with AK, but maybe my logic is flawed from my SNG days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not fishing for callers. Mostly I 3bet 3-4 times the previous raise. But I guess with minraises this doesn't count.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on the flop 4.50-5.25 or

[/ QUOTE ]

Not fishing for callers. Mostly I 3bet 3-4 times the previous raise. But I guess with minraises this doesn't count.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is fine, I like to add the blinds into the calculation though, so that's where I come up with the bigger pre-flop raise. I think if you are playing a good TAG strategy it makes most of your opponents make a bigger mistake pre-flop.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 AM

i reraise more PF and bet closer to pot on that flop, hopefully I'll get raised and i can shoooooooooooooove with a good hand and like 10000000000 outs if behind.

EDIT: as played into 2 people i think you're better off checking as you have decent outs, might see a free river card and have better control over the pot than when you bet and are raised.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 AM

I would probably bet this turn again. Both of your opponents seem bad, meaning there's an excellent chance your hand is still good. In that case, I'd like to try and get some value out of it now, because if another heart hits it will be pretty hard to get action. I'd bet something like $8 on this turn. If the short stack raises, I get all in; if the other guy raises, it seems highly likely to be a minraise, which I would just call, and I would let him lead the river and probably call most bets.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably bet this turn again. Both of your opponents seem bad, meaning there's an excellent chance your hand is still good. In that case, I'd like to try and get some value out of it now, because if another heart hits it will be pretty hard to get action. I'd bet something like $8 on this turn. If the short stack raises, I get all in; if the other guy raises, it seems highly likely to be a minraise, which I would just call, and I would let him lead the river and probably call most bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the other guy raises my turnbet, what could he have?

As for your turnbet of $8: my thoughts exactly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I didn't want to bloat the pot, because I didn't really know what to do here. I could be behind here, but I also didn't want to give any free cards. I am in this situation often. What is recommendable to do then?

------------------
Anyway: onto the hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($30.81)
Hero ($80.61)
BB ($23.88)
UTG ($52.76)
MP ($24.30)
CO ($33.41)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.25.

Flop: ($5.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, BB calls $3.50, UTG calls $3.50.

Turn: ($15.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, BB calls $8, UTG calls $8.

River: ($39.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ..?

This is getting nasty. If I blockbet here than I am forced to call an AI from UTG (~$39 left), but I don't want to check either. This will make me look weak and turns my hand into a bluffcatcher. Right?

So what to do?
Old 08-02-2007, 09:45 AM

*bump* Like to know what to do here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]