Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Major leaks in my game or simply variance? A few hands..

Sorry to be a stickler but how is check calling better than check raising?

Maybe you will argue that he will put more money in with hands that we beat, such as KJ and KT. But perhaps he will also check behind hands that we beat on the turn, such as flush draws, or get us to make incorrect folds.

I like the way he played the hand not only from and 'I'm seeing where I'm at' as well as taking initiative in the hand to stop his cbetting.

Better alternative to c/calling in my mind is leading out on the flop.

Also I'm not sure if I reraise preflop with KQ that often, but I like it if the game is playing pretty tight.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:51 AM

It seems to me that you are putting yourself into a lot of tough spots by c/raising and building pots w/ mediocre hands that you really should be trying to play smaller pots with. I understand that you are trying to find out where you stand , but your bets aren't always doing that anyway.

Hand 1 - I like the fold. You're probably behind and it will be hard to extract even if you do catch up.

Hand 2 - This one is tough. I like the flop and turn, but the river is probably a fold. He gives you pretty good pot odds, but the river card hit so many possible hands that it comes down to how likely he is to make a bluff there.

Hand 3 - Played fine i think.

Hand 4 - I really don't like the c/r here and the reason is that you have a mediocre hand and now you're building a big pot. If he calls or raises you're in trouble, and you're out of position. Given the way your opponents seem to be playing i much prefer a c/c or betting out the flop. Maybe you give a free card to a draw... That's ok w/ me. You are much more likely up against a better hand or a draw than a hand that can call your bet.

Hand 5 - I think this is a fold. You are raising here to find out where you're at. I would say most likely he either has you or he's on a big draw. Unless he has been doing this kind of thing a lot I let it go.

Hand 6 - I would just call w/ this hand pf. You're out of position here. Just be happy to see a cheap flop w/ a good drawing hand instead of trying to run these guys over. Instead of just calling w/ your pair after the flop, try a c/r here. He's aggressive enough that you can count on him to bet. You need to find out where you are fast in this hand and betting out isn't doing that. The difference w/ this and the KQ hand is that if he calls or plays back w/ this one, it's much easier for you to get out.

Hand 7 - Your play is fine here. But I'd like to know what people think about limping here.

You ssem like a good player. I hope my diff opinions help.
I'd love to get some feedback on my thoughts,.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:01 AM

I think most are standard here, but I dont like the river on hand 2 just because of what it hit + it seems like a value bet. Also hand 4 you should never build a pot like that with a vunerable hand OOP.

Besides that, ive played with you a little and you are solid, my guess would be variance, with a possible few small leaks mentioned throughout here that can be applied
Old 08-02-2007, 05:30 AM

If you want to find leaks ... Pokey should help

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4946669