Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If your standard raise is 3BB its correct to stel ...than in limit
more 2 10.00%
less 18 90.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: I\"M down 20k all of a sudden LONG (with cliff notes)

You guys have obviously not read many of onlinebeginner's threads. There usually filled with a ton of moronic statements and points. This one is interesting, but he's the moron now. Your dad might be slightly shady but you signed the papers. Read them. I don't care if you don't think it's your responsiblity, but you have to take responsibility of your actions.

As others have stated, this is small beans with respect to the price of college, get over it quickly. If you want to disown your parents for doing this, your kidding yourself. I hope when you do this, they don't pay for your education any longer.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:05 PM

Get a job.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:51 PM

i have a job

i never said i wanted disown my parents... i said I wanted to bluff at dropping out in order to get them to me for what they originally agreed to

seems like a good plan to me, if they can easily afford it, the bluff should work

capone you are infinately retarted
Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 PM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

[ QUOTE ]
i have a job

i never said i wanted disown my parents... i said I wanted to bluff at dropping out in order to get them to me for what they originally agreed to

seems like a good plan to me, if they can easily afford it, the bluff should work

[/ QUOTE ]

in all seriousness don't play stupid games with your family. just be honest with them. I gaurantee you that is a better plan.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a job

[/ QUOTE ]
wow i can't believe this prick. maybe you should step back for a second and remember who wiped your ass and put diapers on you when you were growing up. i can't wait until its your turn to put your kid through college because you "owe" it to them. i hope you bring this up with your pops and he cuts you off. once again, you are a piece of [censored].
Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have a job

[/ QUOTE ]
wow i can't believe this prick. maybe you should step back for a second and remember who wiped your ass and put diapers on you when you were growing up. i can't wait until its your turn to put your kid through college because you "owe" it to them. i hope you bring this up with your pops and he cuts you off. once again, you are a piece of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

its amazing that people can be so opinionated, yet they can't read

they said they would pay for my college... i accepeted the offer

2 years later i find out that they were planning on sticking me witha 20k bill, and didn't plan on mentioning it until i was gonna graduate?

I never said they owed me... they offered and i accepted, should i have turned them down?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a job

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you say if it didn't work, you'd actually drop out and go somewhere for a year? That's not a total bluff, somewhat of a valuebluff. Not really sure, but you're definitely merging your family lies.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, dumb [censored] like this is even more stupid than anything the OP has written.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have a job

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you say if it didn't work, you'd actually drop out and go somewhere for a year? That's not a total bluff, somewhat of a valuebluff. Not really sure, but you're definitely merging your family lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that would be my worst case... but i mean i'm definately not dropping out... it's only 20k, not the end of the world

I jus wish they would pay for what they originally agreed to... mad shadyness
Old 08-02-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, dumb [censored] like this is even more stupid than anything the OP has written.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly... if you completely side with my parents and still want to be logical this is how it goes

Parents thought you understood, you should have taken a little more of an interest in your financial situation in regards to school. It's not all your fault because they should have made sure you understood but whatta you gonna do...shrug it off, pay your debt and be grateful for what you have

if you completely side against the dad:
He was sneaky and dishonest, you should do what you can to get him to live up to his original agreement

Conclusion I've come up with:
He was kind of shady, maybe he didn't fully do it on purpose tho...I should try to negotiate a little to not be completely stuck with the bill, if my parents can indeed afford it the negotiations should go well, assuming I use good tactics such as bluffing at dropping out (something that will shake em up a little)
if my parents really can't afford it, then obviously suck it up and be even more thankful that they're putting such a large percentage of their income into me

/thread?