Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Brag: I\'m from Boston

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ basketball better than baseball - yea if you liked fixed games and a meaningless regular season, basketball's the sport

who cares about championships pre80s? I don't know, maybe the collective consciousness of Boston? You guys wouldn't be such arrogant grumpy [censored] if there'd been a few Red Sox championships in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to Yankees fans who had all those championships but are still arrogant grumpy [censored]?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beat: all three boston teams are overrated and won't win the championship

further beat: the bruins are one of the five worst teams in hockey probably

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh the Pats, Sox, and Celtics are not overrated. If anything they are underrated due to all the haters out there not giving them their due.

The Pats are the best team in football, Sox are the best team in baseball except for maybe the Tigers, and the Celtics are a top 3-4 team in the entire NBA (especially once they fill out their roster).

Beat: You actually care about hockey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at the Vegas Super Bowl odds, I'd say the Pats are very overrated by Boston homers right now. I guess winning the World Series once every 100 years or so is considered a baseball dynasty in Boston. As for basketball, the Garnett deal could be basketball's equivalent to the Herschel Walker trade.

Remember, it's easy to gloat about what has yet to occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pats clearly are the best team right now. Anyone who disputes that has no clue what they are talking about.

I never said the Sox were a dynasty, just that they were hands down a top 2 team in baseball and possibly even the best.

And I highly doubt that KG trade turns into a Walker type, although I do really love Big Al/GG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Celtics are the top 3-4 team even though they finished [censored] last year and haven't played a game this year? Amazing how you of all people know how they are top 3-4 over heat bulls spurs lebrons etc. A team that didn't make the playoffs is now top 3-4 because of a trade.

Pats are the best in football obviously cause now they have moss, yet they haven't played a game with him and I believe the colts won last year. But yet again, you know who the best team is before anyone plays.

And you should be shot for comparing ray allen to reggie miller..I have no words for you after that.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no love for the bruins? you boston people are truly fair weather fans.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm originally from boston and i dont even like the bruins.

[/ QUOTE ]

you probably would be if they turned into one of the better teams in the league. the same thing happened with the patriots, amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO NO NO NO NO

that didn't happen. The Patriots weren't about to move to Hartford - shut up. They were obviously one of the most popular teams in the league when Scott Zolak was QB.

If the Bruins are ever good again (which I doubt), they will be popular again.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no love for the bruins? you boston people are truly fair weather fans.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm originally from boston and i dont even like the bruins.

[/ QUOTE ]

you probably would be if they turned into one of the better teams in the league. the same thing happened with the patriots, amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, i didn't get into hockey until i was living in canada, hence my fav. hockey team being the senators...
Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 PM

OP is clearly a douche. He says championships before 1980 don't count, yet he claims to be rooting for no. 17 for his beloved Celtics. Hardcore fan that he is he must clearly know that by his own calculations the celtics have won three titles since 80, so he must mean he is rooting for championship no. 4.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP is clearly a douche. He says championships before 1980 don't count, yet he claims to be rooting for no. 17 for his beloved Celtics. Hardcore fan that he is he must clearly know that by his own calculations the celtics have won three titles since 80, so he must mean he is rooting for championship no. 4.

[/ QUOTE ]
and you're a nit.

the championship argument by yankee fans is old, and boring. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:08 AM

I get the impression that if the OP was old enough, he probably would have been spotted wearing one of these circa 1900-91:

or this one:

Around this time and throughout the rest of the nineties he probably would have been seen wearing this:

And, if truth be told, like all good bandwagoners, he probably could have been spotted wearing one of these in the past 10 years:
Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that only those from Boston think it's a brag to be from Boston, and feel the need to proclaim it to people who couldn't care less and find it quite annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 AM

lol at someone from MA wearing a Yankees hat for the bandwagon
Old 08-02-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at someone from MA wearing a Yankees hat for the bandwagon

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice gimmick, OP. It took me a long time to figure out this was you. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]