Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Did Villian and Hero both play correctly?

Thanks guys. I was pretty certain I wasn't posting a bad beat story and as it turns out I wasn't.

The only other options I was considering was: for the hero, bet low (2500 like Cornell said), hope villian will call, and hope for no more Spades. Check/call small bets/fold big bets if I see a Spade. Is that unreasonable?

For the villian, the only other real option I see is for him to fold against the all-in since it is almost all his chips as well. But I don't know how much to value tournament life against the odds.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:50 PM

you folding this hand at any point is highly unreasonable and disgustingly results oriented.

check calling would be bad because your goal is to get all the chips into the middle asap. you also really don't want to check this board.

the villain folding to your shove would make him one of the worst MTT players ever to sit at a table
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 PM

Your preflop raise size needs to be more. While learning the game it's best to just never minraise. Use the 3xBB+1BB per limper rule.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:55 PM

I don't think OP minraised, I think he raised an additional 1200 to 1800 total. Either way this is a disguised results-oriented badbeat story.

OP by your latest post, you are misunderstanding what everyone is trying to tell you, nobody is trying to tell you to find a fold. The only discussion here is how to better get all of your chips in.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:14 PM

i think he is not really crying "bad Beat" i think he was more curious if the player was correct in calling or if his incorrect call resulted in a "bad beat". i don't think hes mad bc he intuitively felt both players played it ok. he was looking for confirmation from us i think
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think OP minraised, I think he raised an additional 1200 to 1800 total. Either way this is a disguised results-oriented badbeat story.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, ya now I see it. disregard my last post! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]