Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: SharkScope software

[ QUOTE ]
If you have exclusive rights to a stake for a specific period of time, you eliminate this competition, but I would likely charge more for its use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt that the "exclusive use at stake X" idea will work unless you have some advanced license enforcement mechanism. Do you? Otherwise, people will use it at times when they're not supposed to, and the more unsavory ones may even distribute copies of it.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have exclusive rights to a stake for a specific period of time, you eliminate this competition, but I would likely charge more for its use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt that the "exclusive use at stake X" idea will work unless you have some advanced license enforcement mechanism. Do you? Otherwise, people will use it at times when they're not supposed to, and the more unsavory ones may even distribute copies of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a good programmer.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a good programmer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hot.

I have a bud who's an ace programmer. He wrote some open source software and was just giving it away, taking donations, etc. One day a company that made a competing project inquired about hiring him as a 'consultant'.

The gig was pretty good. They paid him every month, and all he had to do was not update or support the open source product.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:51 PM

I already have something similar as well. Mine doesn't automatically grab data out of sharkscope (I'm too lazy to do that part), but does allow me to assign my own ratings to players very easily, and autojoin games against anybody who I've already assigned a sufficiently low rating to.

I've also heard of one or two other AHK scripts and such that search for fishy players for you.

Combine that with the fact that there are a few people who have beat me on autojoins (which practically guarantees they have some sort of playerwatch/autojoin system of their own), and I'm going to have to politely apply the label "fool" to anybody who is willing to pay extra for "exclusivity" on something like this.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 08:16 PM

In response to that:

Your program merely expedites the registration process for players you know are fish. You still have to manually open up tournament lobbies and watch it patiently and then hope that the next player who registers is one you're familiar with. If you play high stakes you can do this because there are so few players. But for anything below the $200 level, there are just too many players.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say that your friends have AHK scripts that "search". I am always very impressed with anyone who can make software retrieve information from PokerStars. Its very difficult to do and not a trivial programming task.

Anyway, people can make their own decision. It will not be expensive relative to what people are gaining from it. My program will do what those do and more. If you're interested, email me and I'll send you back some information.

I think your post is partly motivated by the competition your AHK script will face. Thats your right, and I don't blame you.

---------------------------------------

As for the software, I need a few days to work out the bugs and make it user friendly. At that time I'll respond to everyone who emailed me with more information. You'll get screen shots and more detailed information about what it does. You can decide from there whether you're still interested.

N
Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 PM

i could see myself paying like 75 bucks for this, MAYBE 100 bucks as a one time fee. Try to charge more and u'll not make any moniez....

Indy
Old 08-01-2007, 09:09 PM

i would be pretty interested in this
Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 PM

So what this does is lets you see your opponent's sharkscope next to their name in a tournament lobby correct?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:29 PM

Streamlines the entire process.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:52 PM

i for one would like it .... but stats arent always everything... i consider myself a great player ... if u compared my tilt and stars stats side by side u would say im Really good on one and a donkey on the other .... i get sickoed ALL DAY on tilt and stars i seem to run alot better as far as beats ... but yea stats do matter ive found them useful but really u can spot the donks within the first 10 hands anyways