Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: BARRY SUCKS

i got lionels back along with like 25 thousand mexicans in the parking lot
Old 08-01-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Steroids have been banned from baseball since 1991. The fact that baseball looked the other way doesn't mean it's not cheating. The fact that other players used steroids does not absolve Barry.

[/ QUOTE ]

The argument is against the singling out of barry and the retroactive modification of punishments. Rvery record every should have an asterisk of some sort beside it if you want to put one by Barry's. Furthermore it's silly to just go scan Barry's past without going back and looking at everyone elses past. Plus you have this atmosphere of PEDs all over the clubhouse, jars of greenies sitting out in the open up until recently, and now after the fact because people don't like barry - we pick the one drug he supposedly took and go after him and only him for it. That would be like looking in your past to find something you did illegal (let's say some misdemeanor possession of marijuana) and then changing the penalty after the fact to the death penalty and chopping your head off - but only going and chopping your head off because we don't like you - everyone else who was caught for that misdemeanor we don't care about.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that Barry is a colossal prick does not mean the media is out to get him (though it does make him a lot easier to hate).

[/ QUOTE ]

Him being a prick doesn't prove the media is out to get him but that doesn't mean it's not the case.

[ QUOTE ]

Steroids are worse than corking and it's not close. And both are cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your opinion - but I respectfully disagree.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:37 PM

HE LOOKS LIKE KEN GRIFFEY AFTER TOO MUCH NERVE TONIC
Old 08-01-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The argument is against the singling out of barry and the retroactive modification of punishments. Rvery record every should have an asterisk of some sort beside it if you want to put one by Barry's. Furthermore it's silly to just go scan Barry's past without going back and looking at everyone elses past. Plus you have this atmosphere of PEDs all over the clubhouse, jars of greenies sitting out in the open up until recently, and now after the fact because people don't like barry - we pick the one drug he supposedly took and go after him and only him for it. That would be like looking in your past to find something you did illegal (let's say some misdemeanor possession of marijuana) and then changing the penalty after the fact to the death penalty and chopping your head off - but only going and chopping your head off because we don't like you - everyone else who was caught for that misdemeanor we don't care about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to put an asterisk by his record, I just don't want him or any of the other cheaters to go into the Hall of Fame.

And I wouldn't mind if someone drilled him in the ribs instead of giving up 756.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:46 PM

The problem is we can't go back and take out all the cheaters - imo - it's almost unfair to go back and scrutinize only one player when it's highly likely that a large percentage and possibly majority of everyone in the hall has used some form of PED. If you truly could go back and find out who used PEDs whether knowingly or not, you might end up with a completely empty hall of fame.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:48 PM

I by the way don't support the use of steroids or lying under oath or condone being a prick - it has certainly cost him tons in endorsements etc. But Barry's one of the greatest ball players for sure.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:57 PM

If you think barry would have anywhere near the stats he has now without using performance enhancing drugs, then you sir, are a [censored] idiot
Old 08-01-2007, 07:20 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Barry
Old 08-01-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Barry

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But Barry's one of the greatest ball players for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

way to go out on a limb there